what model HB is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK i am looking at buying this 92 civic hatchback that is local.I dont know what model it is tho.It has only one mirror,It was made in canada,It does not have rear disk brakes,Its a standerd trasmission,Has no tech.She is going to call me later with the title and tell me but does anyone have a guess?

What color interior??? If it is blue then it is a cx. If it is gray then it is a dx. Beleive it or not... the passenger side mirrior was an option back then. Vx doesnt have side moldings and the si has 4 wheel disk brakes.

Si also has sunroof, and actually, if i recall, one year of the Si didn't have 4wheel disc...

And that comment about the blue interior isn't accurate... I had a CX with Grey interior.

It had the passenger mirror too... And a/c. :)

But then you can go into ... aftermarket sunroof like on my dx coupe. And full color change. Have known ppl who did that. But the only model that came in blue is the cx. Dx/vx/si is black or gray. And i stated the passenger side mirrior was an option... i never said on the cx. I was just stating that fact. And check the reference section buddy it would have halped out a little bit. https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29794

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 14 2004, 10:31 PM
its a dx. all cx's had passenger side mirrors. dx's were options.
[post=416869]Quoted post[/post]​

Really? CX's were the cheapest trim level, so lower than a DX. I remember that the later year EG's had more amenities like dual side mirrors, but the '92 CX's and DX's had only driver side mirrors standard from the factory. I also think that '92 Si's may not have had body colored side mirrors unlike the later ones. Honda changed the factory specs every year and made more options standard. Somewhere I have a bunch of old Honda literature from that era... not that any of these details are worth keeping stored in the ol' grey matter. lol.

For me, all I really care about is my '94 Si's with the ABS brakes... and that '94-'95 EG hatches have that nice little liftlatch on the rear hatch glass. :p

word.

my 92 dx didnt have a pass side mirror.

Anyway, it's a '92 and a lot could have happened to that car in the last twelve years since it left the Honda factory in Canada. Dealership options, aftermarket accessories, replacement parts, repairs, improvements and whatever else that life can throw at our cars. Interpreting the VIN # could just be the tip of the iceberg... although I suspect it's just a stock DX. lol.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 14 2004, 05:00 PM
But the only model that came in blue is the cx. Dx/vx/si is black or gray.
[post=416792]Quoted post[/post]​

B.S.

My VX had blue interior and the specs sticker on the door jamb said the car had blue interior from the factory, too. In fact, even my steering wheel and dash were a dark blue color.

put it in car fax.
before they make you pay, it will say something like "your 92 dx civic has XX records!" or some shit

I dont feel so bad now.My buddy just did his integra and 15 came up.Is there anything eles other then carfax that you dont have to pay for?We would really like to find out what the hell happend to these cars lol

4 records is nothing to worry about. a "record" constitutes any sort of action with the car (registration, obtaining insurance, renewing tags, changing owners, etc.). Most cars over 10 years old have between 6 and 10 "records". And no, to my knowledge there is no carfax type service that is free. Just pay the 25 dollars for unlimited carfaxes and start charing your friends for carfax records :lol:

Originally posted by GoodSleeperRight+Nov 15 2004, 12:43 PM-->
I did and its a CX BUT it has 4 ****ing records.It wont let me look at them without paying money :( I may not but this car now :rant:
[post=417096]Quoted post[/post]​
GoodSleeperRight
@Nov 15 2004, 12:57 PM
I dont feel so bad now.My buddy just did his integra and 15 came up.Is there anything eles other then carfax that you dont have to pay for?We would really like to find out what the hell happend to these cars lol
[post=417106]Quoted post[/post]​

Just pay for the service if you're seriously thinking about buying a car. $25 for a one month unlimited membership is worth it, especially when you're going to invest a few thousand dollars into something that could potentially cost you a LOT more down the road.

Yes, there are other services- no, none of them are free.

Back