what needs to b done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

I have a 06 gsxr1000 that's hasn't been turned on in abt 3 years...I know I should drain the gas tank because of moisture build up, new oil and oil flush...lube the chain....anything else that needs to be done before startup...thanx For your advice

you could put the back tire in the air, put it in gear and rotate it to turn the engine over a few times and get things moving a bit before firing it up... otherwise what you listed looks fine
crank that fucker up

Thanx for that info because that sounds like it makes some sense...also someone also told me I should drain the oil from the throttle bodies??? Is there a reason y I should do that???

He probably means drain the fuel in the throttle bodies. The fuel system will have some old crappy gas in it that won't drain when you drain the tank.

^^ lol...I actually try not to abuse it...draining the fuel from the throttle bodies shouldn't b that tough...I like to have my shit reliable....probably not best to cut small corners...thanx for all the advice now gonna start getting this shit rolling

Back