What now.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniperwolf04

Alright, the GSR that I had my heart set on getting was sold the other day. All my plans for having an all motor rocket were shot to hell. (I appreciate all of the tips and advice from the posts about the GSR) So now I'm starting from scratch. I've always wanted to swap an H22A into a civic or get a B18b and turbo charge it. What do you guys think would be a better choice. I'd leave the H22 n/a and boost the hell outta the B18. I'm just pondering for now. Either way, the swap is gonna be done in a '92 civic. Should i hassle with the 'Lude motor or go with a little easier swap and boost it?? Any comments or advice would be appreciated. :worthy:

Do you even have the car, or is the civic a car that you want? Planning ahead is good to do, but if you don't have anything to work with then you are just wasting your time.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 19 2004, 01:40 PM
I say neither, find another B18C and do your all motor project.

that is always and option....the h22 is going to be a hassle...i know, iv done it lol....the ls would be a much easier swap to do....and cheaper so you can buy your turbo parts later if you like. but you should stick with your orginal plan of getting a gsr swap and going all motor with it.

i would go for the b18b. but thats just me. h22's are too much of a pain to do anything with ( i have no patience ). or swap a b18c1 into (insert car here).

h22 is not a hassel, don't listen to people that haven't done it, the hardest thing is the shift linkage and that isn't even hard. i've had no problems with my swap at all, working on the motor is no harder than a b series either. theresa little less room, but if you do any block work its not going to be in the car anyways. Do what you think would be worth it, i'm going to call bluff on all these guys because i've got a turbo h22 setup in my integra and i'd do that over doing anything to my bseries del sol anyday. in the end its all up to you, use people as a reference don't let them make the choice for you

there are a lot of different routes a can take with this. I'm only gonna be around here for 4 or so more months before i'm off to bootcamp. So a kick ass swap that isn't extremely time consuming would be nice. I'd love to hear the blow of valve from a turbo on an engine but i can go all motor and not complain. I don't wanna spend a lot of money on a car that i'll only be driving for 4 months and then leave at home for 3 months. So the 2 options i wanna express most interest in are obivously an all motor H22........ or GSR or LS/Vtec swap. But I appreciate the advice guys thanks. I could look in the FAQ or something i suppose because this question gets asked often.

Back