what rim/tyre combo to use??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Godfather

Hi,

my eg civic has a h22a with a bit of work and came with 17" low pros on it which are useless in 1st and 2nd gear, nothing but wheel spin - can even drop back from 5th to 3rd at 100kph (60mph) and she will spin for a few meters :cool:

ive been searching for some 15 or 16 inch rims with maybe a 55-60 profile to run a bit less air pressure for traction from a stand still/drags.

few dilemas -

my eg has prelude front brakes and not sure if 15's will fit?

i want to run 225 wide and am thinking it might hit/rub the suspension?

just wondering what everyone else runs with similar power levels.

thanks

I run the stock 14" Hx rims on my civic rapped in Falken 195/60 R14. This had been a pretty good combo for me. Good grip and tire wear and some of the lightest rims you can find. I also think the Hx rims look good. JMO. IMO anything over a 16" rim is to large for good performance. I ran some 16x6 rims years ago on my old Accord with Nito Extreme Performance tires and really liked them as well.

Last edited:
im thinking the same thing i have a the same h22a swapped eg hatch and have shitty as steelies on right now n spin sooo much goin from a dig and 1st gear roll..im looking at rims and i was wondering what the widest rims u can run without rubbing would be??
i found a set that i like that come in 7.5inches wide and 10inches wide...i kno the 10 sounds like overkill but down the road i plan on spraying and might need the xtra grip

Back