what should i do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

Ok my engine has been rebuilt before, not that it matters. My valves (16 of em) all have alot of carbon deposits on them and the engine could use a complete valve job. Im replacing the head gasket and resufacing the head. 95.00 (gasket set) 30.00(resurfacing). Im only trying to get this engine to last me another 6 or 7 mths tops. Should I really get this valve job done? how much of a difference will that make on my motor? Other then that the cam and came gear and rocker housing is all clean and no wear and tear. This engine is not worth totally rebuilding if Im gonna do a swap in 7 mths. What do you think?

if you're swapping it out, run it into the ground, watch it blow up and enjoy :)

take in consideration that Im not swaping for 7 months from now so i need the engine to last which makes me ask how much of a difference the valve job makes.

i guess it depends on how bad it is running now? if i were you, i would wait it out, dont do work on a motor that you are getting rid of in 7 months... my opinion

If you want to blow it up real good go to your local hobby shop and get a gallon of Nitro Methanol at some high percentage (like 70-80%) and stick in your gas tank the last time you want to run fuel through that motor. For a few glorious moments you will run a 300 hp NA Honda. Then take cover as the motor tears itself up.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 15 2002, 05:53 PM
If you want to blow it up real good go to your local hobby shop and get a gallon of Nitro Methanol at some high percentage (like 70-80%) and stick in your gas tank the last time you want to run fuel through that motor. For a few glorious moments you will run a 300 hp NA Honda. Then take cover as the motor tears itself up.

rofl, that would be great

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 15 2002, 09:53 PM

sounds interesting ... any chance of it f00kin up the car itself??? ( body wise? ) ... if not im all over that ... ill video tape it and try to post it up when i do it ... probly in about a month :D

It shouldn't hurt the car. Insert standard disclaimer here. I am not responsible if this does in anyway hurt the car or you. That said i new a guy that used this in his truck (only once) he said it was a lot like running a 200 shot of N2O without any tuning.

"your lucky that 100 shot of Nitro Methanol didn't blow the welds on the intake" god i hate that movie the other day some kid asked me if i double cluch when i race i wanted to kick him

Um okay, you know that Nitro Methanol and N2O are not the same thing right?

the point is. you could sell that motor for like 600 when you're done with it. shit. i sold mine for 700, and the tranny for 150. so there is 850 bucks toward new parts for the new motor. not everyone is as smooth as me, so you all couldn't pull 850 out of a d16z6, but at least like 600 i bet. is that 2 minutes of glory worth 600?

I would say no, but if you wanted to blow a motor up, Nitro Methanol is the way that I would do it.

the D16Z6 block already died a few weeks ago ... i threw in the D15B7 block to hold me over till i get another car and do my real swap ... the block i threw in there had 240k on it, its 1/2 dead as is.... granted i might be able to reuse the head on something else ... but i think it would be pretty kick ass to see an engine blow like that :) ... oh yeah the syncros in the tranny are shot too... only thing i need to save off the engine i have is the harness... so as long as this thing isnt going to burst into flames or anything i should be good right??????

man, you gotta video that, that would be the best! then take pictures of it when its out and apart, i like to see the damage inside, rofl

head and all is still good just fried the crank berings (sp?) on the #2 piston

Back