what should i do?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

so i ordered some gunmetal motegi trak lites in 15x7 from my buddy whose a manager at big10 tires. i told him to make sure they were 15x7 cause on motegi web site they only offer gunmetal in 15x6.5
he says the guy he talked to said he could get them in 15x7.

well, they came in today and they are fucking 15x6.5 argghh

now should i reorder some flat black 15x7 or stick with the gunmetal 15x6.5?

the 15x6.5 weigh 10 lbs a piece
the 15x7 weigh 10.5 lbs a piece
i have 225/15/50's for all around.
my buddy said he can stick the 225's on the 6.5's and it would be fine and look cool.
my car is black, ive had flat black rims for a while and would like something different, i think the gunmetal would look great.
by christmas ill have ~250 whp

giving that they will be the same tires, will i still get the same traction out of the rims if they are .5" narrower?
is the .5 lbs worth the .5" ?

i really wanted some 15x7, now i dunno what to do :bash:

You'll still be keeping the same tread width, but the sidewalls will probably have more bias in turns, which could be good or bad.

well i drive prolly 20 miels a week on average, no autoxing, only racing i do is drag and its a rare occasion.

bfg t/a drag radials up front and bfg kd's on back

Originally posted by micah@Aug 8 2005, 01:11 PM
well i drive prolly 20 miels a week on average, no autoxing, only racing i do is drag and its a rare occasion.

bfg t/a drag radials up front and bfg kd's on back
[post=537413]Quoted post[/post]​

Get some slicks! Then it won't matter.

I'd say the extra-wide tires wouldn't hurt at all. For drag it would probably help with traction, too. You probably won't notice the sidewall roll unless you autocross.

225's on a 6.5 is t3h gay and sloppy.

225's belong on an 8" wheel...

sure, you can get them on there, but you'll have better cornering with some nice thing ballons flopping around then a tire thats too wide for the wheel.

it ends up looking liek this:

\_/

flop flop flop....
will roll off the rim with ease.

why does dumb shit happen to me lol

i want some damn trak lites
i want them in gunmetal
i have 225 tires sitting right next to me

fuck

Shit if he is your friend tell him to take it all back and start all over again and go with the gun metal that's what it sounds like you want to do so DO IT.

well bought 2 of the tires from taco on here

he can send them back and get me dif ones if i want, the only thing is the gunmetal only come in 15x6.5

if i want 15x7 ill have to go with flat black

id rather have gunmetal, i think im just gonna go with the gunmetal ones.

i coudlnt find any drag radials in 50/15's that were narrower then 225, so i dunno what im gonna do about that.

i guess ill be riding on baloons for a while. i drive a mile to work and back 5 days a week and thats it so i think ill be fine.

well shit, if you're riding on drag radials, you aren't turning anyway.

Back