What Should I Drop In My Crx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88crxdx

what i want to know is what is the best setup for my crx? i plan to turbo the engine. i want to drag race only but still want to be able to turn. i say this because the h22 would be very hard to turn would'nt it? also i was thinking about the s2000 engine. well i just want ideas and your idea of making a drag car out of a crx, but not too extreeme where i need to have a whole front end confersion. what would be the best setup in it, b-series to whatever, let me know thanks.

p.s. i dont just want to know the best value of the swap, i want to know the fastest and the most potential for it.

Well stop thinking about the S2k motor,unless you just sold a couple kilos and have money to burn.It's RWD,not easy for anyone to put in a FWD car.Anyway get a GSR and boost it,tune it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 5 2003, 11:39 PM
Well stop thinking about the S2k motor,unless you just sold a couple kilos and have money to burn.It's RWD,not easy for anyone to put in a FWD car.Anyway get a GSR and boost it,tune it.

o shit my bad i fuckin forgot the s2000 was rear wheel drive, but would it be possible to have it awd?? but its just a ?? so a b18c would be the best??

Originally posted by 88crxdx+Mar 5 2003, 11:45 PM-->
@Mar 5 2003, 11:39 PM

o shit my bad i fuckin forgot the s2000 was rear wheel drive, but would it be possible to have it awd?? but its just a ?? so a b18c would be the best??

awd, 4wd, rwd 4x4ing, just does not work in a civic.

Best? how much you want to spend, what your goals are ect.
A b16 is the best for the price,
b18a cheap no thrills engine, good for turbo,
b18c is expensive and challenging for the rex but it will be pretty fast,
h22, very fast strait lining, not the best handlin

any of these can be turboed but this will cost money.

IMO from what I have read here and other places,the GSR B18C1 offers the best boostable power all around.With proper tuning it can be pretty well boosted,and remain reliable.As far as AWD,same as the s2k,way to much work and money for nothing.

B18C1 - it's the best motor for your chasis if you were going to run it on the street.

Because you want to drag race only I would say go with the biggest monster you can find that will fit in your car, let's have the votes:

I vote for H22.

i agree, you said in the beginning of the thread that you want to go drag, so i would opt for the h22a, for the street, i would recommend a b18c, that would be awesome on a rex on the street. good luck.

Originally posted by 88crxdx@Mar 6 2003, 05:30 AM
i want to drag race only but still want to be able to turn. i say this because the h22 would be very hard to turn would'nt it?

p.s. i dont just want to know the best value of the swap, i want to know the fastest and the most potential for it.

I'll say it again B18C1.Not to mention your talking about a CRX,which is going to pose it's own special set of problems with a H22 along with handling.

If swap value is of no concern I assume your rich and can afford a turbocharged H23/vtec frankenstine swap. You take the H23 bottom end, and the H22 vtec head, and I would lower compression to run a lot of boost, I don't know a lot of Honda specs so you will need to research piston sizes, valve clearance, etc. That would give you the most power potential, and go in with a lot of work, but doable...

If you want to be realistic and keep it enjoyable to drive on public roads I think a built B18A with a cable tranny will be the easiest into the car, in fact my buddy just did one and it took a day, and they respond to turbocharging fairly well.

-Matt

Project CX is about to have vtec motivation

h22 for drag only, then on a streetable car, id put a b18c5 in there and build that.

Back