What the....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shes a cutter
its actually a pretty common condition

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 13 2005, 07:33 PM
Kinda made me sick when I watched it...
[post=525714]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:
but probly not for the same reasons
i use to cut from about 11-17
brought back a lot of bad memories :(

ehh

whatever floats your boat

granted that is not "normal" and i think its rediculously stupid

reminds me of people that like to hang themselves on hooks on the sand bars in the keys

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 13 2005, 06:33 PM

:werd:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 13 2005, 06:36 PM-->
civicious
@Jul 13 2005, 07:33 PM

:withstupid:
but probly not for the same reasons
i use to cut from about 11-17
brought back a lot of bad memories :(
[post=525717]Quoted post[/post]​

You don't have to answer if you don't want to E, but what exactly do people get out of cutting themselves? What did you get out of it? I know a lot of people have this problem but I don't see how or why it starts? I don't what to stir shit up for you again so if you don't want to answer, don't.

im probably one messed up fucker, but seeing that didnt really turn my stomach or anything. it was interesting to watch, though.

i guess im just desensitized.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR

You don't have to answer if you don't want to E, but what exactly do people get out of cutting themselves? What did you get out of it? I know a lot of people have this problem but I don't see how or why it starts? I don't what to stir shit up for you again so if you don't want to answer, don't.

Its a release.

A break from reality.

Some people work out when they're upset, some people write EMO stuff, and some people cut themselves. Thats just how things work.

i dont really know why i started cutting myself
i was going through a lot of pain, anger, and confusion at the time, and i just felt completly overwhelmed by it all
i could never really talk to other people about how i was feeling, what i was going through, or anything like that... im still not really good at it
one night i was sitting in my room and had a razor blade in my hand and i started cutting my upper arms
feeling the pain and seeing the blood actually made me feel better... i guess it took the focus off of everything i was feeling inside and focused it on something i could see, understand, and control
i hid it from everyone around me the entire time... i didnt want to hear people tell me i was crazy, i didnt want to push away the few people that i did have close to me
i didnt know that this was common... i didnt think anyone did this to themselves (estimates are that about 1% of americans injure themselves in some form, most are cutters)
i started doing a lot of writing and drawing... the cutting slowed and eventually stopped... i found another way to get my feelings out
i do still think about it from time to time though

if you have any questions feel free to ask... ill do my best to answer... there are also a few very good recourses on the internet (there are a lot of shitty ones)
heres a pretty good site
http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 14 2005, 02:09 AM
i dont really know why i started cutting myself
i was going through a lot of pain, anger, and confusion at the time, and i just felt completly overwhelmed by it all
i could never really talk to other people about how i was feeling, what i was going through, or anything like that... im still not really good at it
one night i was sitting in my room and had a razor blade in my hand and i started cutting my upper arms
feeling the pain and seeing the blood actually made me feel better... i guess it took the focus off of everything i was feeling inside and focused it on something i could see, understand, and control
i hid it from everyone around me the entire time... i didnt want to hear people tell me i was crazy, i didnt want to push away the few people that i did have close to me
i didnt know that this was common... i didnt think anyone did this to themselves (estimates are that about 1% of americans injure themselves in some form, most are cutters)
i started doing a lot of writing and drawing... the cutting slowed and eventually stopped... i found another way to get my feelings out
i do still think about it from time to time though

if you have any questions feel free to ask... ill do my best to answer... there are also a few very good recourses on the internet (there are a lot of shitty ones)
heres a pretty good site
http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html
[post=525931]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmmm...I see. I'ma check out that site. Thanks

razor blades are for pussies...

they hurt less than a bee sting...

if it were with a serrated hunting knife then i'd be wow'ed

a lot of people are addicted to pain... some people get tats, some peope cut themselves, some people pierce... some of it is for the final outcome, so it just for the pain...

"It hurts so good..."

I agree.. this looks as bad as tattooing. Some piercings are just as lame. It's all a cry out for the low-esteemed.

As far as being disturbed, I am. But I get this same feeling (Butterflies in the stomach) when I see women getting hussied up for a night out. When I see people showing off new tats. Or when I see people doing anything to "improve" their appearance.

And this, is why I have no interest in human beings. Except my gf - who is the greatest for someone like me. 14 years and no makeup, no tattoos, she's never even pierced her ear. She's completely comfortable with the way she looks, and her own self-image. If she could get over the wieght thing she would be complete.

A lot of people are surprised I never went through shit like this. I'm about as deformed as the Goddess Bunny, and I seemed to make it through (Look up the story of the Goddess Bunny, who last appeared in Marilyn Manson's "Dope Show") and I can tell you about low-self-esteem. But to live in a world where no one will accept you as you were, and no one cares - and some even document and promote - What you have become would be reason enough for me to eat a bullet.

It's sad hearing about good people suffering from thoughts and feelings so crippling that their psyche even stops to function . But when you adjust your sights, you'll find that that is about 99% of the human race. American or not.

-> Steve

Back