What tires are better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slimtadder

Falken ZE512 205 40 ZR 17 VS. KUMHO Ecsta Supra 712 205 40 17

What's the better tire and why do you think so?

Most of the guys here do not like the Kuhmos, they claim they roll under. I never had a problem with mine. I have heard good things about the Falken Tires as well. Which one is cheaper?

out of those 2, i'd choose the Kum Hoe over the falken, ONLY because I have no idea how the falkens are, but i know that KUMHOE's blow. I still can't beleive all the rave they keep getting. They are shit compared to parada spec2s and p-zeros

The paradas are twice the price. I can't justify spending over $100 per tire when I am a student I just don't have that kind of cash.

EDIT:The P-Zero's are the same. Twice the price. If you have the cash both of these tires are high quality, but for someone like me they are way out of the price range.

Toyo Proxes are what I would get. A very nice all season tire and they're sticky.
But out of the two, I'd go the Falkens.

I LOOOOVE my S-03's but I've heard Kuhmo's are pretty damn sweet for the money.

Originally posted by Prowler@Oct 13 2002, 11:11 AM
Toyo Proxes are what I would get. A very nice all season tire and they're sticky.
But out of the two, I'd go the Falkens.

had a set of fz4's

junk worse than khumo's
sorry dude

a long time ago i had a set of falkens and i swore i was riding on plastic tires. thats what they felt like. after about a year, i had problems with them cupping.

hey, i like that name CUM-HO!

yes. kuhmo's are trash. i have them on one set of my rims. the other set is wrapped nicely in a set of bridgestone s-03 pole positions.

yes. i am that much of a badass that i have 2 sets of rims :) and no one set isn't the stockers :)

falkin's suck balls they wear down very quickly for how hard they feel i had flat spots all over them from racing around

TireRack.com sells the parada spec 2's for $99 dont they? thats what a local shop charges for them here, can't wait till my khumo's are dead (i have the supra exta's also)

I run dunlop sp sport a2's...but it rains alot, is very hot and overal grip and wearability matter most to me...had p7000's..they stink!...treadwear of 420 and A and AA ratings.....when your carting a toddler in a tropical storm...its nice to know I have best wet grip in its class. I have almost 20k on them and would recomend them to anyone whose primary goal isn't racing, and Dunlop was one of the only company's that honor their milage warrenty down here..most just pro-rate

What about the falken Azenis? Has anyone run those?

falken's are the best deal on the market right now.

14's are like 46 dollars

15's are like 52 dollars

for street/auto x tires, they're the best.

i just bought a set of falkens from discounttiredirect.com for $262 to my door, in 205/50/R15. i dont have anything to compare them to, but i cant complain. i like them just fine

Originally posted by B16@Oct 14 2002, 07:12 PM
TireRack.com sells the parada spec 2's for $99 dont they? thats what a local shop charges for them here, can't wait till my khumo's are dead (i have the supra exta's also)

$89 for 205/45/16's for my spec 2's.

the aziens are good tires, but are more race-y than street tires IMO. good auto x'ers, but not so hot for street.

Back