What To Do To My Delsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gIRLEgIRLE dELsoL95

i need help on decidingwhat to do to my delsol. i need to know what engine swap to do and things like that .. ????? i have 7000 how far will that get me with ext. and engine swap?? what should i do? right now i have the west wings body kit, tenzo r lower springs and a tenzo r exhaust... and what color should i paint it???

MaaseyRacer

this is not really an appearance site, but interms of the engine swap, what do you want to do??? do want a good fast daily drive, do you want to get into racing at all, street, drag, or auto-x??? 7000 grand will get you somewhere for sure with the motor swap. If I were you I would check out the engines selection and look at, the B18C (GSR), B16SiRII, H22, and the B18C-Type R. here is a link to the engines section:
https://hondaswap.com/reference/index.p...php?mode=engine
Good Luck...

posol

RETIRED
well, IMO, you should ebay everything you own by tenzo and wings west. :) now you have more cash to get a kick ass del sol going :)

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
$7000 will get you a kick ass set up in there.B18C1,I/H/E,real suspension,and all kinds of goodies.

gIRLEgIRLE dELsoL95

i want to get into racing but i do need to drive it every day, i want a fast car but im not sure with enegine swap is right for that .. what would u do? ;)

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
B18C1 94-95 to match your OBD and a small (50-75) shot of n2o for when you run someone.

Originally posted by cnydelsolhybrid Posted on Feb 17 2003@ 06:00 PM
pink, purple, baby blue, or lavender. seem to be the lady import del sol colors

Don't do this,those colors are gay,even on a females car.

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Feb 17 2003, 07:11 PM
CRVTEC. H22 bottom, GSR head, I/H/E/ cams. Or give yourself a project and put an H23 in the rear.

you cant put a h22 bottom end on a gsr head (or vice verse) You can only put b heads on b blocks (aka b16 head on a b20 block)

Also, to the one who started this thread, what ever you do, keep your car looking as stock as possible,

when people see a FnF car, it gives imports a bad name
when theives see it, they see it as a pay check
when cops see it, they think easy tickets
when I see it, I laugh and point.

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Feb 18 2003, 01:11 AM
CRVTEC. H22 bottom, GSR head, I/H/E/ cams. Or give yourself a project and put an H23 in the rear.

How is that a crvtec?How are you going to mate a GSR head and a H series?

mwasnp

For $7k here is what i would do:

B18b $1500
Mounts $350
Turbo kit with hondata : $3300
Tuning $500
Decent suspension set up $800
15" Rotas with tires : $600 or so

That leaves you $50 and a car that could run 13's!

HondasHateMe

uhh...dont' you mean a b20z or b20b block? And theres no way in hell I'd ever think about putting a motor in the back of a del sol, much less an h23. Sounds like you'd be happy with a b16sirII or obd1 gsr swap. Get some wheels, a couple of bolt ons, and nice set of adjustable shocks and lowering springs with the rest of your money.

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Originally posted by mwasnp@Feb 17 2003, 07:23 PM
Decent suspension set up $800
15" Rotas with tires : $600 or so

Good tires, at least 300+ for set
rota wheels are between 400-450, plus instal of tires, your spending closer to 7-800 for wheels/tires

Good suspention will cost you closer to 1000 with all the bars (lower tie or sway bar, front and rear strut tower bars.)

zueke

Definently go with an LS/T setup. Get a nice big turbo like what I was hoping to be able to do (give me a couple years now) , like a T-66. Can't you get by without new mounts in a Del Sol because all the mounts line up for a B series too? Don't forget about getting a Del Sol VTEC shift linkage...

1) Engine / Turbo & Hondata
2) Suspension
3) Wheels

Those should be your priorities.
To look and sound cool, just get a loud blow off valve. F*ck rice-ing it out with altezzas, body kits, or bling bling rims.

mwasnp

What I meant by suspension was just lowering springs and shocks. I agree that some bars will be more, but thats not on the list of my highest priorities. And the turbo that comes with the ks-motorsports.com kit is more than what is needed for a stock ls block. A t66 is overkill and a half. hell a t3 would be enough.

pills_PMD

VIP
zueke:

the mounts do not line up ..

the rear mount will work, but you need a new tranny bracket... also a driver side mount and tranny mount are needed.

zueke

Adam:
My bad. I could of swore you said that you used all your stock mounts except your tranny mount. I guess I remember that @$$-backwards. Oh well.

And with the T-66 turbo, I was assuming you would be upgrading your internals too.

mwasnp

I dont believe that $7k budget would afford her aftermarket internals. And the t3/to4e could get her to 400whp some day down the road, but still be efficient at say 200-225 whp now. Good turbo choice IMO.