what to Powder Coat Next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aepimp04

PowderCoat Guru
Hello all, I thought I would share my new hobby. When I sold my Suv I decided to not just blow the money. So I bought all the stuff needed to start doing some Powdercoating for myself. It's a real fun hobby. Anybody else try powdercoating? I have spent about 2 grand on stuff to get started. here are a few pics of the things I Have powdercoated....as soon as I get a spare valve cover I will do my honda cover and all my engine brackets, and everything else metal on it. I really like Powdercoating because paint doesnt take the heat and the Abuse that powdercoating does. It is so strong and durable. I love the finished look as well, lots of work, but it looks great IMO.

These are the wiper arms off of my wifes Nissan, They are done in Black texture.
2963597_17_full.jpg

Here is a speed square tool, I dediced needed spruced up. Notice how it gets all the small details. this is Black gloss.

2963597_18_full.jpg

This is a Wiper Arm I found lieing around in my garage so I sprayed it Candy Blue.
PowderCoat003.jpg

PowderCoat002.jpg

let me know what yall think

Last edited:
The weather is real bad here, so I took off my valve cover and blasted it today, right now it is in the oven getting chromed, I'll post pics when it comes out. I dont know if im going to keep it chrome or make ait candy Wine color. I'll decide when I see how well it looks it chrome.

well here is the Valve cover in Chrome, Looked great but decided it was too shiny for my engine bay. But here is the pics when It was chrome...

PowderCoat015.jpg

Last edited:
Those are cool, I wanted to paint my valve cover. I wanted to do it a light blue though. I don't even know where to being with powder coating or how you do it though... I just think the outcome's cool.

AEpimp that's some badass powder coating man. What would you charge if I sent my valve cover over to PA for ya to powdercoat it Type R red? It's a D15B Vtec valve cover I just think the TYPE R red color would look much better under the hood of my white Civic.

And if you could do this for me could you paint the valve cover type r red with the VTEC letters in black?

Yeah, I didn't think to ask, can you charge if people send stuff to you??? I have an extra head, so I could send the extra valve cover over sometime and have you powder coat it, as long as you're not too expensive lol.

thanks for the props guys.....I sent a pm about your questions. Im working on a Rearend Diff, for a offroad explorer....i'll post pics when I finish it.

thats great stuff looks great .love the crome valve cover look awsome.good job.

damn that does look sexy....even the candy blue and i hate blue!!!
but how much would you charge to coat an ls valve cover type-r red as well???

well here is the Valve cover in Chrome, Looked great but decided it was too shiny for my engine bay. But here is the pics when It was chrome...

PowderCoat015.jpg

PowderCoat013.jpg

And here is the Overcoat I went with, its Candy Wine colored, a deep red when shadowed, but when hit with bright light or sunlight the chrome shows through and and looks like chrome with red tint.

PowderCoat017.jpg

Awesome man! That looks great! :thumbsup:

but how much would you charge to coat an ls valve cover type-r red as well???

A Type R red LS valve cover? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron, lol?

Here is a Ford Probe Valve cover I did, for a neighbor. This is the Dark blue.

pic removed temporarily so I can add my name to it

Last edited:
See, I'd want something like that for mine, but the candy blue. That'd be sexy lol. :D

Here is a D15 spare valve Cover I had laying around here, So I shot it with the Candy red, It is so much nicer than my 2.8 megapixel camera can show!

pic removed so i cna add my name to it

Last edited:
Well my worked called and told me not to come in cuz work is dead...so here are some pics of things I havent recetly done for people who wanted some PC work. let me know what yall think of my work! PM's are good!

will add pics with my name on them so as not to be coppied

Last edited:
Back