What To Swap Into An 89 Crx Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridtech

My brother blew his motor in his '89 crx si last week (at 242K miles) He is selling me the car for only $500. The clutch is alittle over a year old and the drive shafts are about 6 months old. I only have $1000 left. I have a blown D16Y8 from my 98 civic ex. JIS Japan said they can get me a ZC for $800 or rebuild my D16Y8 for $800 or rebuild the crx si motor for $650. I also have a friend that has an intregra ls that will probably sell me his ls motor, he just swapped an ls/crv motor in his car. His ls motor has alot of miles on it but its OBD2 and I will have to get a tranny so I probably wont do that. I need to get the car running in a week. My license is suspended for too many speeding tickets so I need to get an SR22. For my car which is a 98 civic ex the insurance company wants $3800 every six months for full coverage for the crx it is about $1000. I have a B16A2 in my 98 civic, I could take the motor out of it and put it in the crx but that looks too difficult, plus I will still need to get another tranny and need another motor for the civic.

The questions are:

Does the crx si tranny bolt to the D16Y8? Do I need a new hood for any of these swaps? Which swap should I do?

In all honesty just go w/ a ZC for the money you have left. You'll fill the big difference. you can put a 50 shot of nos & run 13's all day. PROMISE!!!!! HOW DO I KNOW ? Because I have the same set up. Running 13.6 all day.

Back