what would i need to get more power out of my engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vcter

i want to rebuild my engine but i want to get more power out of it without changing the engine block inoe there possibilitys just dont noe wat they are so if any1 noe wat i wud need to make it more powerfull on this rebuild any info would be great!!!:D

Which engine is it my friend? There are a VAST variety of engines made by Honda, assuming that is one of the engines you are refering to. Next, you have to set a goal for yourself i.e. horspower, how much you want to spend, what you want to accomplish, daily driver or track...etc. etc. Take a bit of time, sit down, write down what you want, research around the site and then get back to us. I am sure that what you are wanting has probably been done before on here. There is a PLETHORA of information on this site.

After you do that, get back to us, let us know what you decided and if you can not find the answer on this site or the entire internet we will be happy to help. Remember, research is your friend. :D Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

its a d15b7... my goal really is more horsepower around the 180 to 200 hp range... well my budget aint the greatest but around 500 to 600 on it... i would need it to be a daily driver.. nd i have bin reasercahing but they always end up to dead ends so i figured wat the hell post a thread and see if any1 replys thnks luis... :cool:

well this is the engine im working wit i have new dc sport headers i wana put it in but cant cuz the bolts were rusted nd i manage to brake one also i rlly havent had time to get to it nd its cold in nyc to be working on it outside... no garage:(

if you dont' have any money, and it's your only car, i suggest you just suck it up and hold off on mods. leave it driveable and wait until you can afford something else. i know it's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the truth. the best advice is to hold off.

:werd: 95b16coupe is right. It sucks having one car and trying to mod it. You simply cannot do it. Parts break unexpectedly, and you're always missing that one piece to get it on the road. Be patient. Save up some dough.

well its not my only car i have it as a project car but i wana get it on the road as of right now i drive a passport this badboy just sits in ma driveway so i wana mod it b4 i put it on the road cuz once i get on the road ima give ma other car to ma sis.. i just dont wana spend to much on a old model its a 1993 dx..

who cares if your car is a dx? that's the beauty me honda's. there are plenty me engines that will drop right into that chassis with little to no modification. do some research and then come back and ask more specific questions.

well its not my only car i have it as a project car but i wana get it on the road as of right now i drive a passport this badboy just sits in ma driveway so i wana mod it b4 i put it on the road cuz once i get on the road ima give ma other car to ma sis.. i just dont wana spend to much on a old model its a 1993 dx..

your gonna want 2 cars while modding this.. even after your done somethin will proly go wrong then youll be fuct with no car... always have a spare! mine just happens to be my si hatch :D

ok fellas i bvin doin some reaserach nd im jst gona take it easy nuttin fancy i just wana get some aftermarket pistons nd rods wich would u recomend?? i have a intake manifold in mind.. nd a a new head block any recomendations?

also i have two car as i mentiond b4 i have this parked would like to get it on the road but wana rebuild the engine 1st so its just gona have to sit there and wait!!

What is a head block?

As far as pistons and rods, TunerToys rods are a cheap set of decent rods. I'd go with CP pistons because they do not swell as much as JE. I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish here, so I gave answers as broad as your questions.

Wow dude. You're gonna need to narrow it down more than that.

You've got your goal, 200 hp. Good.

Start off with a compression test. Find out what kind of shape your engine's really in before you decide on a possibly unnecessary rebuild, or add power that it can't handle and ruin it.

Then decide how you're going to attain this goal. There's 3 ways: naturally aspirated, nitrous, or forced induction. Now a d15b7 puts out 102 hp from the factory, so DOUBLING that output with a naturally aspirated set-up is probably very hard to do, and would be very expensive (you're talking top of the line header, individual throttle bodies, high comp. pistons/rods, etc.). Nitrous, on the other hand, is a VERY cheap way to add power. You'll have 100 hp in a bottle that you can access at any time. Or you could go with a turbocharged set-up, but you won't have an easy time reliably turbocharging a non-turbo engine for less than $1,000.

I've got a 93 dx with a jdm d15b vtec swap and the basic intake, header, test pipe, exhaust thing going for me right now, just gonna drop in a 75 whp shot for just over 200 hp at the crank :D.

im tryin to see wat upgrades i wud need to buy to get more hp out of a d15b7 engine...

see my last post

NITROUS! The bolt-on horsepower wonder cure :).

You can start with a 100 shot (your stock engine should handle it, MAKE SURE you get a compression test done first to make sure) then if you want more like say a 200-250 shot you can sleeve the block, buy stronger rods and pistons, and a titanium valvetrain along with all ARP bolts to install it all for a larger shot.

Beats forced induction because you can at least drive it without the nitrous and you don't need a tune for daily non-nitrous driving since the parts you're dropping in are all oem-spec, just stronger but you WILL need a tune for a high-power nitrous application.

o0o i see yea i was just looking at a nitrous kit thinkin of gettin one instaed.. were would i be able to get a compression test done any local mechnic shop?? thnks for the advice 93civic racer!!

A22? The F1 motor?

Or are you referring to the H22?

For $500, you won't get far. That just about buys a single cam ZC swap. And still doesn't put you even close to 200hp.

Save your money and drive it like it is.

And a lesson in spelling and grammar would be a good start, too.

Back