What would you buy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Suppose I come across, let's say $3000. No, not drug money. If I get this new job I interviewed for, I'm buying myself a big ol' present. I deserve something big because I've been living poor for much too long.

The options:

Boost the Civic. It moves alright for all the bolt ons with a D16Y8, but there is definately something missing. Mmm.. yeah it's called hp and tq. So I can either do a full Greddy kit and intercooler for under $2500 or JRSC for $2200. The problem is I can't finance this. It would take a little while to save up this cash since I still have a credit card bill to pay off and $700 left to pay on my current Civic.

Buy a bike. I've always wanted a bike and I can get a Ninja 250 new for $2500. Plus payments would definately make this easier to get, and sooner too. I don't want a fast bike, I just want something lightweight and new. I'm also considering the Kawasaki Eliminator. Downside is by the time I would get riding lessons done and buy the bike, it'll be snowing here. Plus, I really don't want to kill myself since MT drivers are the worst I've seen in any state.

Get a winter beater. Probably an EG Si. I hate busting up my low mileage lowered Civic in MT during the winter, and if I do plan to boost it, I need something to use when the car is down or being worked on. I know I can find an Si for under $3000 easily. Or find an EF that is swapped. I could also get a loan easily for this car.

HDTV & Xbox 360. That alone would be about $2000 for the setup I want. This is at the bottom of the list of priorities. Right now I have a new 27" flat screen tv and modded Xbox that keeps me busy enough.

I'm looking to buy end of the summer, beginning of fall. Another car and boost are the real delima right now, since those are my top two choices. Pros, cons... give me your suggestions.

Your civic is really clean and being that it's low mileage, I'd use it as your daily driver and use the 3k to buy an EG hatch for a project car. I wouldn't mess with your sedan simply because it's in such great shape.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 8 2005, 10:28 PM
Your civic is really clean and being that it's low mileage, I'd use it as your daily driver and use the 3k to buy an EG hatch for a project car. I wouldn't mess with your sedan simply because it's in such great shape.
[post=523011]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, about that.... I let my friend drive it a bit. Well, he curbed the wheel badly in the 5 minutes he drove it. Even worse, he did the exact same damn thing when I had my first set of wheels on the Civic. So that sucks.
Then I went to buy some fireworks. Well, the lot is in a pasture. And this huge rock was hidden by some tall grass. So as I'm turning around to leave, I nailed it. Broke the front lip a bit. I used some weird glue to try and fix it, but it's still pretty bad. And what's worse is that this front lip is irreplaceable. Just try to find a Jun EK replica lip.
And with the new exhaust, I had to chop the rear lip to fit the monster tip on the Greddy muffler. It wasn't cut high enough and now it's a bit scorch.
I already have a couple grand into this Civic, I'd hate to start all over. It's not like I can swap over my suspension and bolt ons to an EG. Well, the header I could, but I don't have my stock exhaust manifold anymore.

So leave it like it is. Hell, rip off the lip kit even. If the front lip is that rare I'm sure someone would buy it from you even in broken condition.

And beat your friend's ass, only fucktards curb their friends' wheels.

that seems like a sweet deal, you should jump on that before someone else does. yo, you cant beat $50 for a car. hell, i got my miata for $350 and i am damn happy, and i'm suprised it is still running

I'd never even think about turboing the D series. IMO a total waste of money.

Do a B series swap or better yet keep it as it is and buy a Bike.

do yourself a favor, if you buy a bike DO NOT buy a new Ninja 250.
People buy them left and right for starter bikes then sell them 1-2 months later.
That totally Fs the resale value. If you buy a bike, get yourself a NAKED sport bike. Insurance will be 80% cheaper and if you drop it they are much cheaper to fix due to not having as many plastics.

Suzuki SV650S or "naked" Suzuki Bandit 600S or naked, Honda CB, Yamaha FZ6...

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 9 2005, 09:13 AM
I'd never even think about turboing the D series. IMO a total waste of money.

Do a B series swap or better yet keep it as it is and buy a Bike.

do yourself a favor, if you buy a bike DO NOT buy a new Ninja 250.
People buy them left and right for starter bikes then sell them 1-2 months later.
That totally Fs the resale value. If you buy a bike, get yourself a NAKED sport bike. Insurance will be 80% cheaper and if you drop it they are much cheaper to fix due to not having as many plastics.

Suzuki SV650S or "naked" Suzuki Bandit 600S or naked, Honda CB, Yamaha FZ6...
[post=523127]Quoted post[/post]​

Honda 919 is what I ideally want. But that's over $7000. But like I said, I just want something very light and cheap, while new.

Besides, if I can get this junker EF for under $200 shipped, I'm going that route. Either do a B16A or ZC swap, lower it, stripe it out, wheels, suspension, and it'll be set for a lot of fun.

My only concern is how the car is listed. Under skydiving equipment? Meaning it should be tossed from a cargo airplane? And no feedback from the seller? If I don't get any responses about my questions for VIN, etc, I think I'll have to pass.

And I don't see anything wrong with a boosted D series. Just ask anyone on D-Series.org if they think a boosted D is worthless. Always faster and usually cheaper than a B swap.

I've seen 919s from dealerships for high 6s low 7s new.

I wouldnt even think about buying it new. find a used one I bet you could find one for 3500-4500.

I am in a similar situation, little bit more cash, but I am a freak about saving everything, so I already know I'm investing 1/2 and saving half.

Assets>* than any of the possible liabilities you posted.

Back