Whats A B-pipe Is?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms


Junior Member
Well I heard if you do swap B18C1 in Civic 96-00 you will have to cut B-pipe in your exaust system.
But were is that B-pipe


Senior Member
he is talking about cuting it for a swap so i would assume he means the down pipe


Senior Member
i think you guys are actually talking about the same thing. i've heard it being refered to as a mid-pipe and a down pipe. On a GSR swap into a Civic, yes it's true that the header will not bolt right up to your car. I have seen different ways around this problem. You can either take your car to a muffler shop and have them extend your mid-pipe(the piping that connects the cat to the muffler) by about 2 inches or so, but i have also seen people extend out their cat. They will cut the part the flange is on and extend it out.


you guys made me bust out my paint skills


Senior Member
Nice illistration. I worked at a honda junk yard and the down pipe we called the a pipe and the mid pipe, is the b pipe. :ph34r: