whats good to detail a car with?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok, my mom asked my if i would detail her interior on her Accord.. treat the leather and the whole works.. i said sure since i've done it before when i detailed cars at Toyota.. but i'm not really sure of what i used when i did it.. i just knew what bottle to spray.. lol.. same thing w/ the carpets.. i already have a really good cleaner to get any stains out, just not sure about stain protection

corvetteguy, if i remember correctly is starting up a detailing business, hopefully he can chime in

I use gold class quick detailer to clean and pre treat all the hard and soft plastics and than follow it up with turtle wax F21 to condition and protect. I also use gold class leather conditioner for leather seats. Spray it on heavy and let it sit for a little while and than wipe it down with a nice clean microfiber cloth and it works wonders. For carpets I use a Bissel brand carpet and upholstery machine with Rugdocter brand cleaner. The cleaner seems to have a pretty good protectant added to it and does a good job of cleaning stains out of carpet and other cloth bits in the car. I love Stoner brand Invisible Glass glass cleaner. It works really well. As a tip: use old news print when cleaning glass instead of a terry cloth or microfiber towel. Te news print picks up for gunk and does a better job of drying the glass with out leaving lint or streaks.

postponed another day.. busy today

but, i think i'm gonna try this stuff called Lexol.. they have a cleaner and a conditioner.. looking for a water based product, nothing oily.. and for the carpets i'll probably just scotchguard them

belt-sander.jpg

alternatively, you could try the Blue Coral carpet cleaner stuff they sell at AutoZone and such. I've found it works better than any of the other spray-on-vacuum-off stuff you can buy, for the most part.

eg, what carpet cleaner do you use? Im gunna be needin somethin decent to touch up some spots in my car.

its some stuff my fiance bought from a door to door salesman.. i told her not to, but she bought it anyways.. its called HyPro i think.. its a concentrate you mix w/ water

alternatively, you could try the Blue Coral carpet cleaner stuff they sell at AutoZone and such. I've found it works better than any of the other spray-on-vacuum-off stuff you can buy, for the most part.

not really concerned w/ the carpets as much as i am the leather .. thats the main thing she wants is the leather conditioned because its starting to wrinkle on the bolsters and its only an 05 or 06

headin out in a couple hours to get the job done.. just gonna go by Kragen and take a looksy at what they have

Warm soapy water for the plastics, then use Honda Polish (motorcycle polish). Clean, non greasy, well protected plastics ftw. For leather, carpet, You can't go wrong with Meguiar's Gold class.. For the exterior, Meguiar's NXT line is flipping awesome!

Last edited:
ok, my mom asked my if i would detail her interior on her Accord.. treat the leather and the whole works.. i said sure since i've done it before when i detailed cars at Toyota.. but i'm not really sure of what i used when i did it.. i just knew what bottle to spray.. lol.. same thing w/ the carpets.. i already have a really good cleaner to get any stains out, just not sure about stain protection

corvetteguy, if i remember correctly is starting up a detailing business, hopefully he can chime in

I use high end stuff I wouldn't use just doing your moms car i mean unless you want to spend the money :).

Just get some basic stuff at auto zone. Stiff carpet brush, carpet soap, upholstery cleaner, streak free glass cleaner, microfiber towels, leather cleaner and soft brush to scrub the leather and a wet/dry vac and your good to go.

wet the carpets with hot water(or cold but hot works better) and then apply the soap, scrub like crazy and use the wet dry vac to extract the water/dirt off.

Yes definately use Lexol for the leather

Last edited:
i work for a chemical company. if any of you guys need anything at all to detail a car. i can sell it to you really cheap. also i can mix it for you or send you directions. we sell to most of the manufacures in texas. they sell to all the detailk shops. if anyone needs anything just let me know. 469-964-3803.....our website is siliconesplus.com

What did you end up using, and how did it turn out?

I plan to do mine in the next week or so. The flakes are starting to fly in the hills, and its only a matter of time before it will be too cold to wash/clean.

I used to use stuff called "Blue Magic"--I believe that was the brand name though. Haven't been able to find it anywhere, so I'm thinking its something I picked up from a shop somewhere...

Back