Whats The Best Motor To Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

if any of you people could choose the best motor to build for boost, what would it be...assuming that u have realistic amount of cash...like 5, 10 maybe 15 grand.

thats like asking whats the best car company chevy, ford, honda, toyota, mitsu, nissan, chaces are everyone will say something else unless your a member of this board

most B Series will cost the same to build since almost all parts interchange with each other I myself have custom ITR turbo pistons with B16 rods a over bored Sleeves to fit the pistons and a GSR oilpump housing
my engine is a B16 but should I still label it as a B16?

if you can start from scratch the best motor to start with IMO is a B18C1 it seems to be the best all around engine I myself bought a B16 do I regret not getting a B18C1? no not really

BTW Im listing this bassed on Civics/Delsols/Integras for an all around car

Straight line only then H22 is a no brainer

Jeff

Ls vtec/T. The Ls has a strong bottom end you put the vtec head on there and boost it.

Peace*

in stock form, no.
the ls rods are much weaker than a b16 or gsr rods out of the box.

just an fyi.

once you start modding- you get the internals all set- the gsr/b16 have a crank girdle stock.

so, in all reality, no

i thought botht the gsr and the b16 had them... only the ls/b20 don't. i could be wrong

Only the B18C's have the crank girdle which makes it the structurally strongest block of the Bseries.. All of the B series block can easily make 300whp in stock form turbocharged, just depends on where you want the hp and tq.

jason

h23 bottom, h22 top
stroked/bored to a 2.7 L

has anyone done this b4? just wondering...is the h23 the same block as the h22 just with different seleeves or are they different blocks....im asking because i if the h23 was a bigger block then i could bore it out more right?

h23 bottom, h22 top
stroked/bored to a 2.7 L

has anyone done this b4? just wondering...is the h23 the same block as the h22 just with different seleeves or are they different blocks....im asking because i if the h23 was a bigger block then i could bore it out more right?
youll have low rpm (thats the size of some of the most powerful skyline gt-rs, but they have an extra two cylinders and low stroke), youll get more torque.

For me i would choose a b16a, rebore to 84mm with aebs sleeves, skunk2 or ferrea valvetrain, skunk2 turbo cams, hayame cam gears, and t78 turbo.

skunk2 doesn't make turbo cams.

an h22 at 2.6 doesn't even compare to an rb26dett.

t78 turbo? holy big batman!

yeah- tba... have been for months

as for the skyline- i have a hard on for skylines... so comparing a honda motor to it insults me :)

hey don't let it insult you, Nxs typeS or R which ever one i saw it smoke the hell out of the r34 on one of those jap. videos. :worthy:

r34's suck :) It's all about the r33 y0!

stock for stock, yeah maybe the nsx-r is a little faster. who cares. $15 at home depot, and you have 600 horse

do that to an nsx

yeah the r33 is better than the r34 in drag racing, but not road course. Have yall seen the tsukuba race? the r34 killed the r33, but i think the r32 has a better chassis for road course. The r34 acutally has leg room in the back seat. the only thing i dont like about the r33 is the back is kinda of rounded off, but gives it a more "drag car" look.

japanese people are awesome. they come up with all kinds of cool shit.

Back