whats the deal with swap prices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TWISTEDIMAGE

was checcking e-bay for swaps just to see prices, b18c jdm gsr swaps are like 3,000$ and thats all. b16 with hydro trans are as low as 2,100 for the complete swap. i am getting worried here, are the k series swaps taking over or what? just a year or two ago b16 swaps were like 3g, not a gsr swap. gsr were like 4 to 5 grand, and now there so cheap i just dont under stand.

whats your guys thought on all this?

You do drugs.

A b16 swap has been around $1600 since I've been on these forums - about 3-4 years ago.

its ebay.

its crap.

its not homotors quality.

you get the left overs none of the good shops want.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 5 2005, 10:28 PM
was checcking e-bay for swaps just to see prices, b18c jdm gsr swaps are like 3,000$ and thats all. b16 with hydro trans are as low as 2,100 for the complete swap. i am getting worried here, are the k series swaps taking over or what? just a year or two ago b16 swaps were like 3g, not a gsr swap. gsr were like 4 to 5 grand, and now there so cheap i just dont under stand.

whats your guys thought on all this?
[post=521188]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not sure where you got your prices at? I paid 3250 for my complete SIR G changeover 2 years ago from Hmotors. 3G's sounds like a deal to me.

a full B16 SiR2 changeover from Hmotorsonline runs like 2250.

a Sir1 changeover is 1600ish.

And sure K-engines are taking over. New technology > old technology.

the b-series engines were (still are) great powerplants but the K series has several distinct advantages.

it's cheap cause it comes with an automatic!

Reading > you. :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 5 2005, 11:34 PM

[post=521197]Quoted post[/post]​

still 1500 for a k series motor not bad

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 5 2005, 10:34 PM

[post=521197]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink: :D

7-8K high side if done right and while installing new parts on it for piece of mind and ease of install while it's out of the car.

Its not a TypeS or TypeR motor... 1 auction you listed was for a regular RSX motor, the other was for an Si motor...

Whatcha gonna post next? A d17? LOL

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 5 2005, 10:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

i guess even k motors are cheap now what do you think it would cost to do a k swap in a 93 hb now?
[post=521196]Quoted post[/post]​

Well the first one is a regular auction. So who know what the final price will be.

The second isn't worth its weight in scrap. Its the junky A3 from the Civic SI's that blow ass.

and the third is more reasonable. Thats the real deal. Oh yeah and shipping is cheap at 450 dollars.

if its not a k20-R motor, it ain't worth the hassel.

i priced it out. it would cost me about 9 grand to get it in and running the RIGHT way

No way bro, prices are higher than before--maybe not in the recent past, but definitly in the long run. When I got my first motor, you could get a b16 complete change over from Hmotors for 1150--got a local shop to match the price for me (in case your wondering, hmotors did not have the reputation then, every other motor has came from them since).

Yeah, prices have gone up. when H-S was first up I did a B18C1 swap (No "kit" you pansies) for $3300 end to end. You should be able to get a B16A for <$1000. Shop around and stop using the int4rnet for a crutch. B16As, JDM are cheap as hell.

-> Steve

i'd like to see kseries in the back of a delsol. i seen delsol with a h22 in the back but i think the kseries has better engineering for it.

I can vouch for things getting more expensive. When i first put my b16 into my DA a bit over 4 years ago i was able to snag it from a local shop for 1000.

Back