whats your speed??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3436483284.png

I'm curious what you all are paying for your services and how much it varies across the country. I just got Comcast to lock me in at $44.99 for another 12 months. It's the promotional rate for new customers. It was supposed to go up to around 70. I can get Uverse 24 meg for around 45/month but when I had it before I was getting about half the speed they advertised.

Charter $39.99/mo on a 1 year plan. This is the third year with them. Had ATT DSL prior to Charter cable. The DSL was much slower and far less reliable in my 45 year old neighborhood.

First year with Charter was a TV/Phone/ Internet bundle to try them out. Shitcanned home phone altogether when first year ended and went back to DirecTV as well. DirecTV satellite is as reliable or more reliable than the cable TV. Receivers are newer and better from DirecTV than Charter. Better DVR and channel guide is way better from DirecTV.

For Internet service at my house, Charter has it hands down. The second year after canceling TV and phone, they signed me up for a year of Internet only for $39.99/mo. When that expired last Jan I paid $52.00 for a couple of months, then called them and whined - threatened to disconnect. They transferred the call to a "Customer Retention" representative that signed me up for another 12 months Internet service contract for $39.99/mo.

So, I'm good for another year

Dear Valued Customer,

Great news! We've increased your Internet speed!

We increased the speed of your Blast Internet service! You now have download speeds up to 105 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps.

What does this mean for you? You now have more speed so everyone can get online and do more on their devices all at the same time. Stream HD movies and TV shows, download music and game online – all at faster speeds. It's just another way we're continuing to keep you connected to the people and entertainment you care about.

Sincerely,

Comcast

And no change in charge???????????/ well that's pretty bad ass. Was 50/8 before IRRC.

will do another BW test later tonight.

Yeah that's pretty sweet. IIRC in my area the "Extreme 105" service is around $90/month for new subscribers. Can't beat getting it free. The 50 is way more than I need, but I wouldn't say no if they bumped me up.

Do you have any other services with them? I'm a standalone internet customer.

I have double play 'blast' package which is digital economy tv + internet. It gets me AMC, history/h2, discovery, food, and usa. I could care less about just about every other channel. I also add on hbo and sho for $10 each for the first year. I'll probably drop both when they go to 20 and rock starz for it's 10 first year, and then repeat.
with renting the dvr, hd unit, hd service, and shit that tacks on like 35 bucks more a month, I pay about 140 a month.
I was paying 90 for just internet (on like a 20mb package) and the local channels. subtract hbo/sho and its 30 bucks a month for shit I actually want to watch on tv and 4x the internet speed. That's worth 30 to me. Hell, that's one night going out to a cheap dinner.

After a little research, it looks like they are doubling speeds for bundled customers only, so that excludes me unless/until they change that policy. I use Dish for tv, and Comcast can't come close on price for what I have. If I didn't like watching my local baseball team I would have gotten rid of the tv service by now. That'll be the next step. I can get my local channels in HD with rabbit ears, and the stuff on the premium channels I could wait for Netflix/Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc. I would miss the convenience of the DVR but I think a couple of Roku's would come close enough.

Back