Wheel Studs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akademik

just wondering who out there has replaced wheel studs on a 96 accord or any accord at that matter. what all is involved in it? somebody help me i have a couple of stripped studs i need to fix.

you have to have the bad ones pressed out and the good ones pressed in by a shop, they might have to press out your wheel bearing so the spindle doesnt interfere as well...

I just stripped one on my 90 accord on Saturday. Same process as your 96.

Extract hub from bearing, pound out stud, replace. You can do it with everything still on the care, and you don't have to take it to a shop it you can find one of these hub removal tools. They're made for replacing brake rotors as well.

it took 30 tons of pressure to change my wheel bearing... good luck pounding it out ;)

To clear up any misunderstanding, I didn't mean you could pound out the bearing or the hub, just the stud. The stud are easy to pound out once the hub is out of the bearing.

The link I posted above is for a specialty tool that the brake shops(Midas and Meineke) use to remove the rotors and hubs without having to press out the bearing. Unfortunately, the tool is $250 unless you have access to one at a shop.

Back