When you drive by the gas station...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
guys walking into work are saying gas went up 30 cents overnight.... :(

i filled up last night for fear of rising gas prices. This morning on the news, they showed a reporter standing outside of a gas station that was $3.19 for REGULAR!!! And then showed another station 2 blocks away that was $2.67... Go Figure... :blink:

They were talking on the news that by next week some of us may see $3.60 for regular.

I don't know about the rest of you but someone needs to open that spicket over in the oil producing nations and we need to start charging china $654654654665664 for our food and consumer products that they buy. I'm glad my motorcycle gets 45-60 mpg.

Anything that makes the price of oil go up is seen IMMEDIATELY at the pump, however when the price starts to go down we get this "It won't be felt immediately." bullshit.

Go figure.

it went up 6cents where i live, but i filled all the cars and one 5gal cell, @ $2.51....i'll be driving the hb to and from work from now on..55 miles there and back total....

yeah, down in southern vermont it went up 10 cents over night, up here in Burlington vermont it went up 10 cents too, atleast from what ive heard i havent looked yet cuz i havent been out of my house since they told me. but thank god i filled mine up 3 days ago, and its still on full. 30mpg city owns me.

time for everyone to buy a bike :ph34r:

"President Bush on Tuesday answered growing anti-war protests with a fresh reason for American troops to continue fighting in Iraq: protection of the country's vast oil fields that he said would otherwise fall under the control of terrorist extremists."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...o_pr_wh/bush_32

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Or... maybe not.

Yup, that's the truth. To make sure another castro-esque nutcase doesn't take the reins of the world's balls. Think Venezuela.

And yes, we should absolutely assasinate that fuckin twit.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 31 2005, 11:18 AM
Yup, that's the truth. To make sure another castro-esque nutcase doesn't take the reins of the world's balls.
[post=547828]Quoted post[/post]​

President.George.W.Bush.jpg

now now, Bush is a completely different kind of nutcase.

Also, here is an article posted by BBC, who actually supports Chavez: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3517106.stm. They try to coerce him into your opinions, but they at least get his power correct. He's the leader of a thrice-failed coup de tat, And he maintains his power by squelching other Coups. His group has been known to torture and kill, And they will torture and kill that guy that opposed Castro. He rules with an iron thumb, and suppresses his people.

I loved, however, Bush's speech for the VJ anniversary. He was 100% accurate in every way. "If we were like other countries, we would have pushed colonialism when we defeated japan - But we instead rebuilt them, and gave them a voice of freedom and the country has since then prospered - As has Germany, Italy and even Kuwait and Afghanistan. It takes time, but we are the only country to do this. When Japan fell, Russia declared war - That is colonialism, right there"

-> Steve

"If we were like other countries, we would have pushed colonialism when we defeated japan - But we instead rebuilt them, and gave them a voice of freedom and the country has since then prospered - As has Germany, Italy and even Kuwait and Afghanistan. It takes time, but we are the only country to do this. When Japan fell, Russia declared war - That is colonialism, right there"

the only one the present administration had anything to do with was afghanistan, but then again, afghanistan has no oil...

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 31 2005, 12:18 PM
Yup, that's the truth. To make sure another castro-esque nutcase doesn't take the reins of the world's balls. Think Venezuela.

And yes, we should absolutely assasinate that fuckin twit.
[post=547828]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, I buy Citgo gas.

----

HAVANA, Cuba - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, popular with the poor at home, offered on Tuesday to help needy Americans with cheap supplies of gasoline.

"We want to sell gasoline and heating fuel directly to poor communities in the United States," the populist leader told reporters at the end of a visit to Communist-run Cuba.

Chavez said Venezuela could supply gasoline to Americans at half the price they now pay if intermediaries who "speculated ... and exploited consumers" were cut out.

----

Venezuela supplies oil at 40 dollars a barrel, and Chavez gives the profits to the people. The poor of his country LOVE him. He's offering to sell oil DIRECTLY to the lower class in America. Doesn't sound like a torturous killer that opresses his people to me.

Once again, this is a case of "He's got oil, so he's bad and we should conquer him". Bush and his buddies will shovel anything at you to keep you paying $3.00+ a gallon for gas.

:werd:

Fuck bush. It can't be just a coincidence that he has oil interests and Cheney has weapons interests, and here we are at war.

Two things are used in war the most, oil and weapons.

Another thing. How is it that we are in a "shortage", and yet if you raise the price of gas some more, the shortage isn't a problem anymore. To me, lack of gas is lack of gas. If the store runs out of ice cream, then you are going to drink gatorade, not offer the manager five more dollars.

This is complete bullshit, through and through. Bush is an idiot, who is willing to put his own people at risk of death to make a point, and yet he does very little to take care of us at home.

Back