Where Do You Recomend Getting A Engine From?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5th Gen Terror

I live in Rochester,NY. I have a 92 honda civic cx. I would like to put a B16A2 in it. I understand this is a reliable motor for a decent price. Please correct me if I am wrong. I know I need the engine,transmission,ECU,wiring harness,motor mounts,axles and shift linkage. Since it is a 92 I presume its ODB1 and that this motor will swap right in all I have to do is wire up vetc correct? The question that confuses me most is where to get the swap from? If you guys could help me I would really appreciate it alot. I have between $2500-3000 to work with this summer. Also I am lookin to build just a quick mid to low 14 sec car nothing major. thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

i got my swap from hmotorsonline.com :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hybridrevolution.com is an advertiser here and is supposed to be really good too

your car is a already wired for VTEC :) (all 92 civics were)

I heard hmotorsonline takes forever to send your motor but you had no problems with the shipping? Is there any other places that run good deals/prices and have good customer service?

The spoon assemblies are terribly over priced,and if swapjdm.com is cheaper than streetimport,no wonder you don't hear from people ordering from them $2400 for sirII engine tranny and ECU + shipping,what no shiftlinkage or axles.Why bother,there are more places with complete swaps for less.

Hmotorsonline is by far the best place to order a motor from. Fast and cheap shipping, excellent customer service.

i had no problem with shipping or customer service with Hmotorsonline.com
it took a little longer than i thought it would but that was my fault ( :bash: me for sending a personal check) took 10 days to clear after that it took about 3 weeks (normal coast to coast ground shipping for an engine)
the engine was in absolute MINT condition and he even included the del sol VTEC shift linkage that i needed for my swap at no extra cost
he answered all my questions, returned calls in a timely maner
like i said before :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 5th Gen Terror@Mar 18 2003, 05:39 PM
I live in Rochester,NY. I have a 92 honda civic cx. I would like to put a B16A2 in it. I understand this is a reliable motor for a decent price. Please correct me if I am wrong. I know I need the engine,transmission,ECU,wiring harness,motor mounts,axles and shift linkage. Since it is a 92 I presume its ODB1 and that this motor will swap right in all I have to do is wire up vetc correct? The question that confuses me most is where to get the swap from? If you guys could help me I would really appreciate it alot. I have between $2500-3000 to work with this summer. Also I am lookin to build just a quick mid to low 14 sec car nothing major. thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

a b16a2 is a usdm 99-00 civic si motor. next to no online stores cary usdm motors. chances are, you aren't importing an EDM motor.

what you are probably looking at is the b16 SiR2. and that's what you should go with.

i HIGHLY recommend jdmhondaparts.com...got my b16a for 600 bucks shipped to hawaii....which is suuuuuper good. sometimes shipping alone costs 300 bucks, to hawaii...

Sorry correct me if i'm wrong and i probably am...but isn't the b16a2 obd2? your car would need the b16sir2, obd1, like B said. unless you planned on doing the obd1 to obd2 conversion...which would be pointless.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 18 2003, 10:43 PM
a b16a2 is a usdm 99-00 civic si motor.  next to no online stores cary usdm motors.  chances are, you aren't importing an EDM motor.

B16A2 is the engine from an EDM Del Sol Vtec, USDM 96-97 Del Sol Vtec, and a USDM 99-00 Si.

I originally thought that the A2 was strictly from an Si because that is the motor I recently acquired but it turns out that engine actually came from a DelSol, I consulted my local Honda dealer on that.

Zerosk8r455, it's not that hard to get around the issue of using an obd2 motor in your obd1 car. I used the wiring harness from the B16A2 and it plugged right up to my stock wiring harness, I'm using a chipped P28 ECU. There will be 1-2 plugs that don't need to be connected anywhere but otherwise it all plugs and plays. Also, you won't need to cut and extend any wires because everything is where it need to be.

5th Gen Terror, try to find a B16 out of a 94-95 Del Sol Vtec because it'll be an easier swap but any B-series(OBD1 or OBD2) will work. Use the shift linkages from a 99-00 Civic Si, the axles and halfshaft can be from any B-series, any B-series tranny will work, use either a OBD1 P30(you'll have to run a wire directly to the ECU for a knock sensor) or chipped P28 ECU(if you use the P28 you won't need to wire up the knock sensor), and use the wiring harness that comes with the engine because it'll plug right up to your stock wiring harness(if the engine doesn't come with a wiring harness you can use an OBD2 GSR or an OBD2 Del Sol Vtec wiring harness).

Originally posted by mattcalica@Mar 19 2003, 01:57 AM
i HIGHLY recommend jdmhondaparts.com...got my b16a for 600 bucks shipped to hawaii....which is suuuuuper good. sometimes shipping alone costs 300 bucks, to hawaii...

i have heard people complain about them. i myself emailed them a simple question and they were asses to me.

I meant SirII sorry about that.Hmotorsonline seems to be the spot to get it from. I need motor mounts axles and shift linkage, there package does not include these items can I purchase it from them or will i have to find another place to get them from?

hmotorsonline does include the axles, shift linkage and mounts

Ah now I see it.Cool, do you guys think that is a reasonable price $2,350 for the complete change over + shipping? What do you guys think about hybridrevolutions? It would be nice to try to find a spot near the east coast as to save on shipping but i wouldn't sacrifice service or product for price. Any ideas that are near the east coast?

Hybrid is or was a vendor here,so he gets props,and it maybe worth it to contact him and find out what shipping would be if you'll save a lot or not.

Back