Which car would you get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Alrigth well pretty soon my mom is probably gonna buy me a car since i need a dependable car through the rest of college. she said it would be in the 8 or 9 thousand range. I was going to try to get her to just get me a WRX, but i dont think she is gonna pay like 5 grand more for that car. so basically i want a nice car that i can go out in and it looks good, but also i want a reliable one that is decently fast as it is stock. my friend has a 01 Accord, which i like a lot. so i checked out the accords, and if i get one it will be an '02. I also checked out the 3.2TL, which are awesome too. Other than that i really haven't looked into too many others. With gas prices as they are here in Socal, the Honda V6 is gonna be aobut my limit on how much i will wanna spend on gas.

anyone have any other ideas along these lines? i dont want an older car because hopefully i will end up buying anohter CRX to play around with, but i need something DEPENDABLE to drive everyday

BTW the 3.2 has 225 hp, curb weight is 3461, and has a 5 spd auto. the accord has 200 hp, curb weight is 3283, and has a 4 spd auto. which one do you think will be a little faster?

and as far as mods i will go with basic I/H/E, and after a couple years probably get the comptech SC.

any ideas for other nice cars?

3.2 would be faster imo

for 10k id prolly try and find a 1.8t golf, i love those damn cars and are cheap and easy to make fast and they look good.

wrx is a good idea as well

1.8t A4 if you got a little to put in when a control arm starts squeeking.

for 9k get a project car/ and a dependable car lol - you could get a 95 gsr for 5k ish / and a 96 ish civic for 5kish- get the multi car discount - and play!

i'd a 97-up Lude

good car, not as fast as others but beter fuel economy and awsome looks

also i dont know if you are looking for a sedan or not ut just throwing out the idea

the Teg, Civic, Lude, and Golf idea i thought about, but the main problem is being here in San Diego it WILL get stolen, and i really dont wanna mess with that problem anymore. like i said, the project CRX will come, but with time, thats realy the only car i want for a project car.

damn that was a lot of responses so fast

and about the A4, i checked those out a while back, so ill go back and look at prices again. those ae ncie too

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 8 2005, 01:51 PM
the Teg, Civic, Lude, and Golf idea i thought about, but the main problem is being here in San Diego it WILL get stolen, and i really dont wanna mess with that problem anymore. like i said, the project CRX will come, but with time, thats realy the only car i want for a project car.

and about the A4, i checked those out a while back, so ill go back and look at prices again. those ae ncie too
[post=522692]Quoted post[/post]​

get a stock looking civic - dont hook it up and it most likly wont be stolen <_< but hell i dont know daygo much any more- but yes a4 sounds nice as well check with the insurance agent as well to see what the insurance will cost

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 8 2005, 12:53 PM
so you're leaning to more of a reliable sedan/wagon
[post=522699]Quoted post[/post]​

if i can get a nice looking sedan, like the WRX, A4, 3.2 or whatever that would be better becasue insurance is cheaper. and yea i mainly am looking at reliability. I just checked the A4s and all the ones in my price range are over like 75k miles. i know ona honda thats all good, but what about the Audi motors?

Originally posted by b204dr+Jul 8 2005, 12:55 PM-->
senate_9427
@Jul 8 2005, 01:51 PM

get a stock looking civic - dont hook it up and it most likly wont be stolen <_< but hell i dont know daygo much any more- but yes a4 sounds nice as well check with the insurance agent as well to see what the insurance will cost
[post=522701]Quoted post[/post]​

stock civic= id rather walk

naa really, it is too slow. and yea it would still probably get stolen, these fuckers here are stupid. shit they even broke into my '86 corolla sedan a while back, and all they stole was my apron for work. :lol:

my parents said when we move, they're gonna buy my a car for 8k-9k, i am looking for a '00 civic si, or an '01 si, but yeah, i am in the same shit youre in. when did the new mazda 6 come out? or the 3 for that matter. i will also be searching for a 2.5rs. something "dependable and reliable" as a daily, then comes the project car. keep them suggestions coming!!!

Originally posted by micah@Jul 8 2005, 12:42 PM
3.2 would be faster imo

for 10k id prolly try and find a 1.8t golf, i love those damn cars and are cheap and easy to make fast and they look good.

[post=522679]Quoted post[/post]​

WRX = bad idea for gas.

The accord gets 6-10mpg more than the WRX and can take regular/89 instead of premium/91.

...and why praise hell are you looking at an automatic car?

For a car in your price range I would get a 5sp accord, 1.8t gti/jetta, nissan se-r or subaru 2.5rs.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 8 2005, 12:57 PM
2.5 RS
[post=522705]Quoted post[/post]​

the problem is finding a decent one. those are bad ass cars, but there aren't many of em here. hey can you turbo those, or are they better NA?

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 8 2005, 12:51 PM

hell i would go with the acura then

Styling is a little bland but cant beat the power

Originally posted by SiLude@Jul 8 2005, 02:01 PM
i am looking for a '00 civic si, or an '01 si
[post=522712]Quoted post[/post]​

let me know if you find an 01 si. i'd love to see pics of a car that doesn't exist :p

the fucking hatchback, what year did they start making those? i thought it was 01

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 8 2005, 01:02 PM-->
@Jul 8 2005, 12:42 PM
3.2 would be faster imo

[post=522679]Quoted post[/post]​

WRX = bad idea for gas.

The accord gets 6-10mpg more than the WRX and can take regular/89 instead of premium/91.

...and why praise hell are you looking at an automatic car?

For a car in your price range I would get a 5sp accord, 1.8t gti/jetta, nissan se-r or subaru 2.5rs.
[post=522714]Quoted post[/post]​

the reason i am gonna get an auto is because i want the V6. no i dont want the F series, and i dont wanna swap to an H jsut to get the same hp as the V6.

Back