Which Cat do I use for b16a in 93 dx civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fionntan

Banned
I have swapped a b16a into my 93 dx civic and I have some questions about the cat. Do I need to use one from an integra? The exhaust is hooked up, but it was very difficult to get it together. It seems like the header is shorter, which makes the exhaust slightly shorter. Now that it is on it seems to be vibrating against the undercarriage. I did not have this problem when the d series was in there. I have looked around trying to compare the sizes of a teg cat and a civic cat, and it seems that the teg one is a bit longer. Anyone have any experience with this problem?

cat = GSR
exhaust = hatch

This was E's answer to my first ever HS post. Worked out perfect for me on my gsr swap with stock gsr header. I imagine the b16 header is the same, and an integra cat is what you need.

I used the 2" civic cat for a long time but I "think" Integra cat is 2.25"

.......but I am skeptical they are different b/c the DC (USDM) header for Integras is a 2" outlet

This was E's answer to my first ever HS post. Worked out perfect for me on my gsr swap with stock gsr header. I imagine the b16 header is the same, and an integra cat is what you need.

Thats what I was thinking. It was just too hard to connect the civic cat.

I used the 2" civic cat for a long time but I "think" Integra cat is 2.25"

.......but I am skeptical they are different b/c the DC (USDM) header for Integras is a 2" outlet

The length is what I am concerned with. The civic cat seemed to be too short.

Ahh.....I did have to take it to a muffler shop back then. You are right....let me know if it all connects

I does connect. I have the civic one on right now. It is just too tight off a fit and the exhaust is vibrating against the under carriage.

Thats weird. Mine was short....about 6-8". I had Trust (GReddy) cat back exhaust Only difference was I'm a hatchback (if you are a coupe but it should be the same in terms of the cat placement)

Mine was probably 1.5-2.5 in too short but fits. I just took the mid pipe off and connected it to the cat then connected it to the muffler and it fit. I have the apexi ws2 cat back. I dont know if there is a difference in length from yours. I have been looking around and I think I am going to get the magnaflow cat for a teg. It is only a few dollars more than getting one from autozone.

Why what? Why the magnaflow? It is still a real cat (not test pipe), and it is cheaper then buying the autozone version. After I get the cat replaced it will be a very nice setup. It is quiet and deep toned.

Sorry.....I got confused with your post....thought you were scrapping the WS2 exhaust. I just purchased a magnaflow 2.5" cat for my 98+ ITR header. Mine had to be CARB certified for California (almost $150 delivered with no flanges on it) but I'm pretty sure that yours can be found for cheaper (CA sucks like that lol) although it does cost more if they come with the flanges.

Thats Direct Fit and is around $100 cheaper then the direct fit CARB Integra one.

Nice

Back