which clutch with a b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

I was wondering which clutch and pressure plate i should use when i do my swap and how much it will cost?

If you use Honda, get the ITR setup. If not then Clutchmasters is good. While you are in there get an aluminum flywheel, it is worth the money ans easier to do when you are already changing the clutch.

well my budget for isnt going to be enough for the fly wheel to. so ill have to do it later on... but clutchmaster? what abt act/.... price and quality compare?

Clutchmasters is the only company that I have never heard anyone bitch about quality. I know many people running a CM clutch and none of them are dissapointed. I opted for the ITR setup but only because I was already buying $700 of parts for my LSVTEC that I got a hell of a deal on it.

i would recomend ACT... ive seen clutch masters get blown apart in 500 miles ... ive also heard some good about them ... they dont seem too consistant ... only heard good stuff about ACT

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 29 2002, 12:14 PM
i would recomend ACT... ive seen clutch masters get blown apart in 500 miles ... ive also heard some good about them ... they dont seem too consistant ... only heard good stuff about ACT

I heard heard exactly that only reverse the brands (so they had their ACT blow up before it was broken in). I guess it depends on who you talk to. My ITR clutch is holding up great. If you are staying NA, you can't go wrong with Honda parts. :)

heres the deal, clutchmaster builds their own clutches, ACT are reworked clutches. The founder of ACT actually worked at clutchmaster before starting his company. I just put a stage 4 clutchmaster in when I did my swap. Really stage three is all thats needed but the stage four is rated to put down about 14% more power. I really like it aside from the studder starts but if you go with stage 3 you won't run into this problem

For street driving (I don't know if the Stage 3 or 4 is made of a ceramic) stay away from the ceramic material unless you need it. It eats flywheels bad. Kevlar or Organic is the way to go for street use.

4 puck will be more expensive! With the 4 puck you will need some serious mods to take full advantage of it! Also the 4 pucks aren't very streetable!

yea... stage 3 is 6 puck and thats the most aggressive i would use for streetability... 4 puck is geared toward the track whereas the 6 puck is for both. :) however if your going for just a track car... hell, go with the 4 puck.

Back