Which connecting rods and pistons?

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I currently have a B18B1 block and a GSR head that I want to build. I plan on putting a T3/T4 turbo and probably a max boost of about 15-18 psi. I've already had the block sleeved and honed, and had the crank (stock LS) micro polished, balanced and had the oil holes chamferd.

I was wondering what brand of connecting rods you all would recommend with this setup. Also, I want a comp. ratio of about 8.5 to 9:1. With that, which pistons would you recommend.

Thanks for all your help!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Also, is it possible to add oil squirters from the GSR, B16 or Type R? I did it on my H23 with the H22 squirters...

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Get some ImportBuilders spec Wiseco pistons and his Probe Ultralite rods. Don't bother with the oil squirters.

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Thanx! I know that was a stupid question. Any other suggestions on rods and pistons?

nfn15037

I've been very pleased with my CP pistons and Manley Turbo-Tuff rods, probably the highest quality pistons and rods you will ever see. I run 17 lbs on stock sleeves with 9.8:1 compression with no issues.

sohcslammer

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 PM
I've been very pleased with my CP pistons and Manley Turbo-Tuff rods, probably the highest quality pistons and rods you will ever see. I run 17 lbs on stock sleeves with 9.8:1 compression with no issues.
[post=520588]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit! How much did you pay for those rods???? :lol: Manley is BY FAR the best rod you can buy, but at $800 STARTING and going up to $1500 for 4 rods, they ain't cheap.

I would stick with crower, or IB like Cal said, for the rods, but check out Endyn for the pistons.... I have a video of a guy making over 800 wheel hp on Endyn's rollerwaves. I think they make rods as well. And if you aren't trying to spend a ton of money, check out Scat... they make some awesome rods for the price.....

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Thanks for all your help and suggestions! Hopefully this build will be done in a couple of months...

nfn15037

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 5 2005, 01:08 PM-->
@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 PM
[post=520588]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit! How much did you pay for those rods???? :lol: Manley is BY FAR the best rod you can buy, but at $800 STARTING and going up to $1500 for 4 rods, they ain't cheap.

I would stick with crower, or IB like Cal said, for the rods, but check out Endyn for the pistons.... I have a video of a guy making over 800 wheel hp on Endyn's rollerwaves. I think they make rods as well. And if you aren't trying to spend a ton of money, check out Scat... they make some awesome rods for the price.....
[post=520800]Quoted post[/post]​

They were like $1190 shipped for CPs and Manley rods.....nothing insane.

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 5 2005, 05:09 PM
They were like $1190 shipped for CPs and Manley rods.....nothing insane.
[post=521091]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds about right.

sohcslammer

yeah, I looked around and $650 is the going rate for the entry level series.....

not a bad deal for a killer rod..

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 5 2005, 12:08 PM-->
[post=520800]Quoted post[/post]​

IB sells Probe rods (really good, lightweight, handles 600whp no problem), and Endyn sells mostly Eagle rods.

MikeBergy
@Jul 5 2005, 04:25 PM
CP pistons = Awesome.
[post=521004]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: