which crower cam is best?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Coles version:
On my existing build I am running crower 403's with nitrous... I was wondering if I would see a gain in power if I were to run the 402-T's

Detailed:
I was at a small local meet on sunday and one of the guys there offered me a trade, my crower 403's for his 402-t's since he isn't going turbo any more. I was considering these cams earlier this year but I came accross the 403's cheap so I went with those. The 402-t's have a shorter duration with much higher lift where as the 403's have a longer duration with not as aggressive lift. Do any of you think I will see any positive gains running the 402't's instead of the 403's?

Build:
92 ls block with pr3 pistons, shot peened rods, arp's throughout, welded blockgaurd, oem head gasket, moderate pnp 98 ls head, crower valve springs, 403's skunk2 intake mani, spoon sports 65mm throttle body, 100 shot direct port nitrous, 440cc injectors, s200 w/p28

Honestly, that's a tough call to me. You're not pushing air in under positive pressure- just cooling the charge and adding oxygen from the nitrous spray- so I would still stick with the more aggressive N/A cams. You shouldn't have to worry about blow-by during the overlap.

Best option- drop Crower an email and ask.

Back