Which Eibach Springs To Get For 95 Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red95solsi

should i get the eibach springs that lower the car 1.4 front 1.2 rear, 1.4 front and rear, or the ones that lower it 1.8 front and rear if i plan to be using the car for drag racing and am considering road racing also

i have the 1.8 drop sportlines and adjustable shocks, you can adjust the ride smoothness from stock like to very bumpy. I like the 1.8 drop, but the lowering is somewhat uneven...maybe they will settle and balance out a bit

if you are interested in the Eibachs look into the Suspension Techniques ones they are the EXACT SAME i have compeared them.. the ST's go for around $50 - $100 less

not trying to argue but unless suspension techniques is buying their springs from eibach, they can't be the same because eibach uses a one million dollar machine to make their springs and they are the only spring manufacturer that has that machine. they've been making performance springs for nearly 50 years too, and are actually a german company.

this is copied from the website TireRack.com.com:

"Eibach Springs are created from alloy wire specifically built for Eibach to meet its exacting specifications. Eibach's springs are cold-wound on precision CNC equipment, heat-tempered, shot-peened, end-ground (when necessary), pre-set for fatigue resistance, phosphate-treated and powder-coated for corrosion resistance. Only then are they imprinted with the Eibach name."

ok so which ones are the best i dont think i want the 1.8s since you say its uneven should i go with 1.4 front 1.2 rear or 1.2 front and rear

Yesterday I installed my eibach springs on the front of my sol...eibach pro-kit / agx shocks and the ride is just about the same. I really can't tell much difference as far as ride quality goes, however when I take corners or brake hard there is a pretty big improvement. Like I said I have the stock rear springs/shocks on right now (The rear bolts are rusted to hell....I'll have to buy new ones before I install the rear setup) and the eibach/agx up front. When I hit a bump in the road...the way the front feels is almost the same as teh way the back feels, but when I corner really hard...I notice that the body feels like its twisting (kind of like how a dna helix looks), and thats because the front springs seem to be a lot stiffer once the spring gets compressed to a certain point. They eibachs did not significantly lower my car...it doesnt even look funny with the stock setup in the back.

Basically the eibach pro-kit will improve your performance a fair amount and keep your ride feeling exactly the way it is ( or at least really really close). But as far as lowering goes it still looks pretty stock...actually it looks like how the del sol factory springs SHOULD make the car look. I wouldnt run anything larger than 15's with the pro kit. You could probably use 16's on the sportlines.

I have Sportline with Tokico Blues. The ride is great and the handling is awesome. The rear sits lower but that is how a front-wheel drive sits. I paid $200 shipped used so my investment was worth it. I like the lower drop especially if you have larger wheel/tire combo. I've ridden in Pro-kit equpped cars and it was good also. Your call. For me 1.8 is a problem for daily driving.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Feb 4 2003, 07:59 AM
not trying to argue but unless suspension techniques is buying their springs from eibach, they can't be the same because eibach uses a one million dollar machine to make their springs and they are the only spring manufacturer that has that machine. they've been making performance springs for nearly 50 years too, and are actually a german company.

this is copied from the website TireRack.com.com:

"Eibach Springs are created from alloy wire specifically built for Eibach to meet its exacting specifications. Eibach's springs are cold-wound on precision CNC equipment, heat-tempered, shot-peened, end-ground (when necessary), pre-set for fatigue resistance, phosphate-treated and powder-coated for corrosion resistance. Only then are they imprinted with the Eibach name."

which is a maketing gimmick. I believe there is one maybe two companies in the world that actually make the springs. as for who decides on what material to use , well that might be up to eibach.

Originally posted by red95solsi@Feb 12 2003, 01:56 PM
ok so which ones are the best i dont think i want the 1.8s since you say its uneven should i go with 1.4 front 1.2 rear or 1.2 front and rear

no car sits even. sol's are even more notorious for it. thing is- the car is not even weighted- the motor sits more on the passenger side, the gas tank is more on the drivers side, and so on..

thats why i say get coilovers.

Back