Which Header to Buy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Big Shane

I'm in the beginning stages of doing a very mild build. I've got a 1992 SiR, auto. I plan to purchase a Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust, mostly because esolsi has the Hyper Medallion & I like the way it sounds. Which header should I purchase to mate up to it? End goal is to put a JRSC to gain a little low end grunt & be able to have some fun when I want to. No plans to change internals unless the supercharger requires it. At the moment the car is completely stock.

Thanks in advance. 6DE0BF37-FBD8-4110-889E-443752A6F9F2.jpeg B62E44F3-3A2A-432B-B2B4-B8B0309BE232.jpeg

Attachments

• D97BB940-BAC0-4FBE-A34B-ADB93A1ACD4F.jpeg
    D97BB940-BAC0-4FBE-A34B-ADB93A1ACD4F.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 332
Where do you live? Here in the states, we never got any B-series cars with automatics besides the non-VTEC Integras and CR-Vs.

it's legit... E and i know shane.

sisteve had the kamaikaze 4-1 on his JRSC EM1 Si. not sure if those are still around...

Where do you live? Here in the states, we never got any B-series cars with automatics besides the non-VTEC Integras and CR-Vs.
I bought it from VistecRImports. I'd like to have gotten a manual transmission, but I had to compromise as the wife doesn't know how to drive stick & I wasn't about to teach her on a RHD vehicle.

I bought it from VistecRImports. I'd like to have gotten a manual transmission, but I had to compromise as the wife doesn't know how to drive stick & I wasn't about to teach her on a RHD vehicle.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I was wondering if it was Canadian maybe, but then I realized it was also RHD.

Bummer on the no manual, but then again, having an auto B-series VTEC does up the rareness factor!

Yeah, I agree with B. Check runner and collector diameters, in general the larger the better with a forced induction setup. Of course there'll be a point of diminishing returns, but I can't imagine anyone is manufacturing a piece that is beyond that point.

I've got a cut Greddy Evo2 that I need to unload for an EG... it was cut for a new cat when I had to replace mine. Easy to weld the straight part back together or shorten it and then weld.

Back