Which Is Better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

afro

i have a 95 civic dx ands was wondering what i a better swap a 2nd gen b16 or an LS engine with vtec? it would be a daily driver and used sometimes for street racing

Well, if you are talking about a b16 vs a LS b18 with the vtec head swap then I would say go with the b18 with the head swap. It has more bottom end torque.

Peace*

If your going to go turbo later i would recomend the ls swap..It is alot more boost friendly..But int he end it is ultimately up to you but i would LS it..

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 24 2003, 01:07 AM
fuckin ls

what r u talkin about, ls is the way to go....and by the way, i think its crazy how ur a later member than me but u lik triple my # of posts, haha thats kool man

Originally posted by afro@Jan 24 2003, 05:21 AM
i have a 95 civic dx ands was wondering what i a better swap a 2nd gen b16 or an LS engine with vtec? it would be a daily driver and used sometimes for street racing

Don't see turbo anywhere in there,so IMO B16AsiRIII or B18C1.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 25 2003, 12:16 AM-->
@Jan 24 2003, 05:21 AM

Don't see turbo anywhere in there,so IMO B16AsiRIII or B18C1.

:werd: The lsVTEC is a total waste of money unless you already have the LS block (ls teg or something like that) This is because you have to totaly rebuild the ls bottom end to withstand high revs of VTEC (ie 8000 rpm) you rev to 8000 on a stock LS block, your going to throw rods and shit in no time. Just get the b18c, same displacement, cheaper in the long run.

However, if your going turbo, go with the ls block without the head swap

Originally posted by paragus+Jan 24 2003, 08:14 PM-->
Originally posted by Integra1990@Jan 24 2003, 02:41 PM
prawjEKt Cx
@Jan 24 2003, 01:07 AM
fuckin ls

what r u talkin about, ls is the way to go....and by the way, i think its crazy how ur a later member than me but u lik triple my # of posts, haha thats kool man

its called post whoring

and yes.. get the ls

Posting whoring is when someone goes around posting just shit. He joined and has said a lot of useful information, he just didn't find the board until now. IMO, its just catching up and having answers.

IMO, if you aren't going turbo, then b16 sir II, b18c1 or b18c5.

Turbo, ls swap or crv with ls tranny.

if you want to simple get a b16a2 you will have good power and vtec is always a plus but i would go b18c1 you will have more power and a more powerfull vtec

why spend the extra money for an OBD 2 b16a2, when the b16 SiR II is the OBD 1 version of that motor?

i think everyone that posted in this thread need to read the ls/t vs vtec/t arguement that u can get from pissedoffsol's signature.....y spend ur money on vtec/t wen u can be faster with ls.t

Originally posted by paragus@Jan 24 2003, 08:14 PM

its called post whoring

no i meant 'fuckin ls' meaning 'get the ls.... i don't feel like repeating the same crap about advantages and disadvantages between b16 and b18b when it's in every 5 posts.

he wanted opinions so i gave it... if i was post whoring i'd be in 'anything goes' OH GEE WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT that's where 65% of your posts are....

thanks for the back up domestikilla

Originally posted by Integra1990@Jan 25 2003, 06:02 PM
i think everyone that posted in this thread need to read the ls/t vs vtec/t arguement that u can get from pissedoffsol's signature.....y spend ur money on vtec/t wen u can be faster with ls.t

You need to get off the turbo idea till the original poster says "ok I wanna turbo",all he asked was for the best choice for a swap.And trust,we have read that thread.By the way a vtec/t isn't going to be slower than a ls/t.If tuned and built,right it will run circles(slight exaggeration) around the ls/t.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 25 2003, 09:29 AM
he wanted opinions so i gave it... if i was post whoring i'd be in 'anything goes' OH GEE WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT that's where 65% of your posts are....

i dont give a fuck about how many posts i have.. or where i post.. i just talk to people.. whoopty fucking do 65% of my posts are in anything goes. if it was up to me.. id like to have -432958 posts like sisteve, sorry that you got so butt hurt over my comment

The answer is fairly simple "daily driver" was in the question for that I say b16 or just the b18....Reliability! more reliable than a hybrid. If you get the LS you can add the VTEC head later.

If you go buy an ls swap, then by the time you are done adding the vtec head, you have as much, if not more into than a turbo setup would cost. A turbo can be used for daily driving. Its all of a matter of tuning, and are you ready to take care of it and build a reliable kit. With the LS tranny, your car shouldn't see much half or full boost action, it all depends on how its setup.

Back