Which nitrous kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Sitting on the floor of my garage I have 2 nitrous kits, one standard NOS 5122 dry kit and one NOS 5130 direct port wet kit, I haven't decided which one to go with, I am aiming on approximately an 80 shot... fuel delivery is not a problem

My setup consists of Srp 10.5:1 pistons, scaloped blockguard (thanks to theoldone for that idea), shotpeened rods, high comp bearings, arp studs, crower .5mm oversized valves, crower dual valve springs and 403 cams

oh yeah, 92 ls block with a 98 ls head... all new seals and stuff

My new block arrives back from the machine shop tomorrow so I hope to have my newest engine assembled by the end of the weekend... if you guys think I should go with the direct port, I need to drill and tapp the intake mani and have it redipped by the machine shop before I install it

One disadvantage to the direct kit is that there is no fuel pressure cutoff switch and I can't really see a way to install one

I'd go with the wet kit personally, you have a greater chance of running lean with the dry kit and destroying the engine you put so much cash into.

Thanks for the input... the fuel system consists of a walbro 255lph pump, RC 310cc injectors, stainless 4AN line from filter to stock fuel rail, (I would intall a T right between the fuel rail and the stainless line for the direct port)

And on it's way is an S-AFC to control the mix

Originally posted by Sed8ed@Aug 19 2003, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the input... the fuel system consists of a walbro 255lph pump, RC 310cc injectors, stainless 4AN line from filter to stock fuel rail, (I would intall a T right between the fuel rail and the stainless line for the direct port)

And on it's way is an S-AFC to control the mix

Thats quite the setup.

And I agree with above... the wet kit.

Actually this setup was cheaper than my original idea... holley 190lph pump, 450cc dsm injectors and a resistor pack (S-AFC was always part of my plans)

The stainless braided fuel line is a requirement by the local track for all cars running 13.99 or better (NHRA rules state that all cars that run 12.99 or better must have reinforced fuel lines)

I forgot to mention that I have an MSD coil and dist cap too.

When I finish this build i'll post pics

Back