Which power steering pump for GSR swapped del Sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Curlybandit

Hey everyone.

I recently completed an OBD1 JDM GSR swap into my '93 del Sol Si. I thought I had the correct power steering pump (actually had two of them) which I had purchased from the swap seller and a private seller but it turns out they are both incorrect. I have the proper mounting brackets.

A new OEM power steering pump from Acura through my contact there is $900.00. You read that correctly... NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A scrapper piece is the only real options.

I think I remember reading that any b-series PS pump will work, such as a b18b, as long as you have the right GSR brackets, but I'm not too sure.

Any suggestions or insight? If you have any other useful info like what PS hose you need relative to the pump and the rack of the del Sol (same as EG) that would be greatly appreciate as well.

Thanks!

EG P/S rack & lines, DC2 pump & bracket

or just loop the line on the PS rack and run it manual
or be extra fancy and loop it with an expansion tank

EG P/S rack & lines, DC2 pump & bracket

or just loop the line on the PS rack and run it manual
or be extra fancy and loop it with an expansion tank

Great! I'll look into those other options as well. At the moment, the steering is fine while the car is being driven but a little challenging when at a complete stop!

Great! I'll look into those other options as well. At the moment, the steering is fine while the car is being driven but a little challenging when at a complete stop!
DONT LOOP THE RACK ..... A its a completely different rack and ratio than a non power steering rack and B its a good way to wear one slap tf out super fast

:disgust:
A - yes it is a closer ratio than a manual rack (quicker steering)
and
B - properly looped it causes no wear to the rack as it remains lubricated and is sealed against ingress of dirt or grit

Back