Which Suspension For Best Results???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xmoua0

Hey Everyone. I’m new to the site and new to the car scene so first off, I would just like to say hello. I’m a Noob (newbie), so bear with me. Before asking my question, I need to give some background info. I have been looking into boosting a Honda Del Sol. I know I should go with a hatch since they are lighter, but there aren’t many fast Del Sol where I live so I wanted to do something different. I have an initial setup of my motor below, but I have no idea what suspension to get for best results. I heard rumors a 300whp NA car will beat 300whp FI (turbo) car since NA are fine tuned with great suspensions/tires. FI cars have a lot of power, but lose power when transfer of energy goes to the tires.

Which suspension should I use then?? I heard to go with Apexi or Tien, that do you guys think?? Budget for suspension is $1000-2500. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

INITIAL SETUP:
1993-1997 Honda Del Sol (2295 - 2414 lbs, not gutted)
GSR block
Type-R Head
Skunk-2, stage 2 cams *
Ported and Polish
Forged Internals
550cc fuel injectors
Chromed Pro ECU
Thanks to some info and help, Turbo will be the “B Series TwinScroll T4 Turbo Kit / GT40R”

* Reason for Stage 2 cams is because of link below. Look at race #8, S2000 vs. Civic Hatch. BEAST OF A CAR!!!

YouTube - S2000 vs the WORLD Part 1

what are you really looking to do with the car? serious drag racing or just a fun street car that handles ok?

there are plenty of good coilover setups in the $1k area. you can go even a little cheaper and get some adjustable shocks and some ground control coilover sleeves. many people autocross on this type of setup actually.

I am not doing anything too serious since I will not be gutting the car. If anything, might do a little weight reduction but nothing too hardcore. Looking for suspension to give me control on the streets and the occasional drag at the track. What will you choose for street vs serious drag??

Back