Which video card would you pick?

Can't decide which video card to go with.

• ASUS V9520 GEFORCE FX 5200 AGP8X 128MB w/ TV OUTD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the ati any day. i have the 9600xt 256mb. cost me $171 shipped on newegg.com. highly recommended!
i had the geforcefx 5200. biggest pile of crap you can buy. STAY AWAY.
the new geforces are garbage. finally ATI is back in lead of the market.
here's some info you need to look at to prove it:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/200312...-charts-09.html
i went with the ati because of many recommendations on counterstrike gaming forums.
you need to read more than just memory size on a video card. look at memory clock, processor clock, pixel pipelines, etc.

are you looking for the best or are these the only ones in your budget cuz if it was me 9800 Pro All-In-Wonder anyday..... if not just go with the ATI... they pwn

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 23 2004, 10:08 PM
i prefer the geforce. ive got an mx440 myself.

you obviously haven't used both cards. the geforce4 is worse than the geforcefx.
read that linki posted.

ATI all fuckin day :thumbsup:

ATI is great because their framerates are consistent in different resolutions. The best geforce will have badass framerate at low res. , but will dramatically decrease a res goes up. ATI pwns y0!

ATI is def better, get the ALL-IN-WONDER though. I just got one about a week about and its badass. replaced the old geforce 4 shit with it. Pain in the ass to install. NOTE: If your gonna install this make sure you have 2-3hrs on your hands

it shouldn't take that long to install. i wish i would've bought the 9600xt all in wonder, but i went with just the plain video card and then then ati tv wonder ve. total install time was well under 30 minutes, including opening the case, installing drivers, and software setup.

Thanks for the info.

All the guys & girls at work say I should with an ATI card. My brother said stick with ASUS ATI Radeon verson. The card is in the $130 Cdn range which isn't too bad.

What I was thinking about getting is :

ASUS A7V600
XP2500 or XP2600 cpu (god these things are cheap)
and now
ASUS ATI Radeon 9600SE

thanks for the info

Radeon 9800 PRO XT 256....OH YEAH!!!! now thats the way to go

...too bad their like $400...

its not a ati though its a asus raderon so its not the real deal just find a true ati and buy that the cards with just the chip set are cheeper for a reason

Back