White Gauges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
So what do you do when you pop the needles off accidently putting white gauges in your car? The tach and the temp both came off, and there isn't an alignment notch to match them back on. It's just a perfect circle, so the needle will go where ever you put it.
I thought I recalled someone doing the same here once, but what did that person finally do?
Here's more details on what happened:
http://hondagallery.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...php?p=4702#4702

owww dude. i almost bought a set of faces until the guy started telling me bout how to install them...and the trouble with getting around the needles. i'll see if i can find you any info.

Indiglos are :ghey: and SOOO not worth making your car look horrible at the risk of fucking up your needles

wait... yes i do, BUT my guages are much cooler than white faced indiglo crap... its got the lexus feel too it. other than my temp guage being next to the most vague thing on earth, i like digital :)

are you sure you pushed them all the way back in?? just a wild guess. maybe there is a point where they pop into place.

from what ive read, it seems alot of install guides tell you to pop those two needles off, so i assume they pop back on too.

No, I broke my DX cluster putting on some reverse guages...that didn't work. If you broke the whole needle off, I think maybe you can solder it back on, other than that....ur fucked.

Temp and tach? Don't those fall all the way down when you turn the car off? I would say just put the tach needle back on so it is touching the lower peg, and if the temp needle has a peg then do the same..otherwise just pick a spot a few degrees below the inkline and stick it on..?

Fortunately these needles pop back on, but they don't automatically readjust. The gauges are completely placed againsts the old ones, so it's not touching the needle at all. I made sure to check that. I'll know more today when I put my dash back in. I'll have some pictures of this mess to scare everyone from doing something like this.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 15 2002, 08:45 PM
No, I broke my DX cluster putting on some reverse guages...that didn't work. If you broke the whole needle off, I think maybe you can solder it back on, other than that....ur fucked.

when i bought my car (hatch DX). The previous owner tried to put white face gauges on.. but he broke the temp needle.. so when i bought it i never knew if my car was running hot or cold. THANK GOD for my EX cluster.

:werd: lol! SAME shit happened to me! Ex guage 0wnz!

How does everyone have a problem taking the needels off????? I do it all the time and have no prob with it.

If you take your time and do it THE RIGHT WAY it all works out. don't get into a rush and just rip them off. tey have to be pulled off gently.

lol

damn, theres nothing on tv tonight! i think i'll go remove my gauge needles. LMAO!

no offense, ASIMO. i just find it damn funny for some reason. :)

Back