Who is good with Digital Cable Boxes??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

So for Father's Day, my sister and I want to put a FlatScreen above my dad's Hot Tub... Knowing him though, he will want ALL channels, not just basic cable... So just splitting the Coax before the box aint gonna cut it.. What I am wondering is, if his Bigscreen tv 40' away is using the HDMI output, can I also plug something into the Coaxial output of the cable box and run it to the TV?

Will it output both signals at once?

I would say yes, but you really need to 1) Try it out and/or 2) find out what box he has. Any way you can get in the house and fool around without his knowledge :) ?

edit: btw, if it works - I just want to make sure you know you'd only be able to view one channel at a time. Im sure you've thought of that, but it's a serious pain in the ass. Also think about how you'd change channels as you'd need to position the box to use the remote inside and outside.

p.p.s If/When you find the model, it might not be too expensive to pick another unit up on eBay or somewhere else so you can use both TV's independantly. I think this is all I've got for now.

Last edited:
See if you cable provider offers a cable ard... and if you have a capable tv then your set. If not... yes your idea will work, but you will have 1 channel at all times. If your in the motorola market, ask for the dct 700. It is a box the size of a surfboard modem, and gives you full digital minus HD. Any questions you have... let me know.

Yeah, the 1 channel at all times isn't a biggie... He lives by himself, and wouldn't need to have two different things on each TV at once..

As far as the remote goes... Thats what Leapfrog is for... Converts Remote into RF.

EDIT: I'm gonna break in tomorrow and look at the box, then try to run out, buy the TV, and do the whole install in one day... This outta be good... lol

Well what the hell... I said screwit, and just ran regular cable to it... Set it up, installed it for him...
tv1.jpg

He sees it, calls me all excited saying thanks, then says "But I dont get my digital stations... " :banghead:

I told him go get a box and i'll wire it up... lol.

Back