Why i was late for work today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
I woke up late...
I forgot to take the trash can down last night...
and then i sat in this for 45 min.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Route-72-Westbound-Closed-After-Rollover-165568056.html

I'm usually going by here at about the time of the crash, so had i not been late, That could have been me.

Kinda freaky to think about.

It's tough to tell from the pictures but this is a long left handed blind sweeper. If the vehicle was disabled in the blind spot, i could easily see how it could have gotten bad quick.

I didn't see any bodies/people in the cars, so i assume they were all out by the time i drove by. There was shit from the truck's bed (like a gas can, rake, etc ) 500 yards up the road. Kinda crazy.

Route+75+New+Britain+crash.jpg

So, thank you trash day for saving my ass.

Wow, that sucks. Person that hit the disabled car was more than likely on their cell phone though.

interesting conclusion

Why? I'm a delivery driver and more often than not people are on their cell phones or doing something else other than driving. In my area at least, I am more surprised to see people that AREN'T on their cell phones or doing something else.

Looking at the truck, the driver was probably a metal reject drunk at 8 am landscaper smoker type.

probably wasn't paying attention.

so, would you have been the guy sitting on the side? or the one to ram them?

unless you think you would have gotten a flat instead of them, or you think you would have been checking your penny stocks on your phone at that exact moment, i doubt you would have been in any danger from this particular situation.

i would have been more worried about the garbage truck showing up at the exact moment you arrived at the curb with the can, and that little claw machine arm dropping down and yanking your ass up with the garbage and squishing you with it.
that would have been bad timing.

People drive like asshats on that section of road.
There are very few drivers who can genuinely text and drive. Everyone thinks they can, but there cars are all over the road. When I see someone texting and they are about to go off the road I am routing for them to hit something.

so, would you have been the guy sitting on the side? or the one to ram them?

neither... but possibly collected in the rampage of rolling and flipping cars.

it's the rubber neckers man. She could have been perfectly fine but when one gazes to long and stares into an object the body follows it.

sucks to hear and hope they all recover but at least you MADE it to work.

Thank you! lol Fuckin Europeans.

When you think about it, the European/entire world format makes more logical sense. From smallest to largest... day/month/year instead of month/day/year.

I think US, Canada, and Mexico (North America) are the only areas that go by a different standard.

Regardless, pretty freaky accident. Glad it wasn't you man.

the correct date,

Day, Month, Year. Not Month, Day Year. It makes sense.

Also, if you do ddmmyyyy, it spells out 2012 2012.

When someone asks you when your birthday is what do you say? Mmmhmmmm :p

Back