WHY ME<<<<

blackwidowb16a

I just recently got tha car i been searchin for,,,,a 89 crx ,,,i figured why not beef it up a little,,,so i ordered a b16a,, got it put it,,,total cost bout 4000 canadian after all tha parts,,,,to my surprise @ 4500 rpms my exaust would triple in sound,,,,i didnt think hte vtec would do that,,,and neither did my mechanic,,,although i went to race a 94 sunbird,,,with 120 hp,,,hahhaha only to my surprise dick he kick my ass,,,,,i was steamin,,,,,,,since then it seems the power just isnt there,,,,i put 2'1/2 exaust from to back,,no cat,,no res,,,n an r1 muffler,,,also a injen intake,,,,figure i had to free up some air due to the stock half inch piping,,,,,,although that failed ot work,,,,i am clueless as to what i should do or where to go,,,,,im new to the game and really would apreciate any imput as i wish to turbo the car in a month or two but not till the engine runs the way it should

thanx so much
EDDY
please reply to [email protected] thanx again

UDT

Dude you geting smoked by a sunbird says alot , though we cant take much information from it. Is your clutch slipping, is the car in dire need of a tune up, theres a million and a half hings that would make your car seem under power, yo uneed to tell your mechanic and get yoru moneys worth out of him.

JDMilan

honestly,,,,,,,,,the first gen motors are weaksause.......and i don't care what people say about them.

not sure why your ride isn't running up to par,,,,

asmallsol

Super Moderator
have you tryed the simple things like a tuneup? Put some new plugs in (NGK) and put some new wires on it (OEM HONDA) new distributor cap, rotor, and fuel filter. Run a compression test. Maybe you got a bad engine.