why not to do a RHD conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Con- weight distribution is fux0red if you're racing circle track or happen to get your car entered in a NASCAR race.

Originally posted by Jeef@May 23 2005, 02:37 PM
Its a waste of time, safety, hack job, have fun trying to sell it, its gay, etc. I would rather spend the 5 grand it costs and put it into something useful like a built enigne.
[post=502604]Quoted post[/post]​

RHD guy here...

I still dont understand how spending 500 bux on a RHD clip equals the 5 grand it costs to do the conversion.

Anyway, Ive been training myself on how to live on rallys for the past couple weeks, so the drivethrough window thing will not be a problem :ph34r:

I can see getting pulled over, and makin the cop mad b/c he now looks like a fool walkin to the other side of the car.

BTW, the local rural mail service is hiring.

Also, thanks for making another thread redecked. i appreciate it.

Just finished my RHD conversion, damn this thing was a killer, five straight days, er, minutes, but it's M4|) Jd/\/\ y0

wOTU4NzA5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 7 2005, 03:45 PM
Just finished my RHD conversion, damn this thing was a killer, five straight days, er, minutes, but it's M4|) Jd/\/\ y0

[post=509160]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol. You even completed it with the damaged license plates. sweet. LOL.

So would you find it inconvenent to drive a LHD car in a RHD country?

personally i think its pretty "unique" even though its rice. i mean if the car came that way, why the fuck not. but i agree, if i had to do the conversion myself, i rather spend that extra money somewhere else. maybe some sticky ass tires and nice light rims. then get carbon fiber everything from apc because thats "off the chain, jdm"

It just costs alot of money and you are still slow. Spend money to go fast that's what I try to do and let me emphasize on TRY.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jun 7 2005, 06:38 PM
It just costs alot of money and you are still slow. Spend money to go fast that's what I try to do and let me emphasize on TRY.
[post=509269]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not go my route, Spend little money to go fast?

Im the keen deal finder. I am building up a turbo D. Not because i cant afford a B, but it would be more fun to spank someone with a SOHC engine. 12's are realy feesable... and i will only have 600 invested in my whole setup.

Anyway... RHD Sucks to convert from LHD.

Originally posted by 5speed4life+Jun 7 2005, 10:34 PM-->
@Jun 7 2005, 03:45 PM

[post=509160]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol. You even completed it with the damaged license plates. sweet. LOL.

So would you find it inconvenent to drive a LHD car in a RHD country?
[post=509191]Quoted post[/post]​

I have driven a RHD in a LHD country, and it is annoying, some turns are completely blind, and forget about passing on a back road, unless you have a passenger you trust.

i might talk a lot of shit about why its a bad idea...

but i have to say, if i got a whole front clip, i would try and get my money's worth from it...

so doing a rhd conversion because you got the front clip kinda makes sense...

i still would have cut the posts and just welded the whole fornt clip on but thats real ghetto...

your way seems much safer and much more stable...

best of luck

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 8 2005, 08:32 AM
i might talk a lot of shit about why its a bad idea...

but i have to say, if i got a whole front clip, i would try and get my money's worth from it...

so doing a rhd conversion because you got the front clip kinda makes sense...

i still would have cut the posts and just welded the whole fornt clip on but thats real ghetto...

your way seems much safer and much more stable...

best of luck
[post=509551]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, and he FINALY comes around... ;)

i'm very supriseed by your fast progress...

i just hope you have everything you need...

keep up the good work and weld that thing...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 8 2005, 11:38 AM
i'm very supriseed by your fast progress...

i just hope you have everything you need...

keep up the good work and weld that thing...
[post=509646]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, im the "Advanced" backyard mechanic i guess. I figure the only diffrence between a garage and a driveway realy is the roof.

lol, I hope i had everything i need too. I need to locate another RHD clip, but this time a complete for the rest of my parts. Its cool tho, it will give me time to get the body finished and painted b4 its back on the road.

F*ck welding today, i just walked outside, within 3 minutes i was soaked with sweat. No way your gona catch me weldin if i dont have to.

Back