why not to do a RHD conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harassment.

Its like driving an unmarked cop car that was sold publically, when you're not a cop. You're just going to be asking for trouble.

Its really not that noticably though I know many people with rhd cars other than a civic and get no problesm at all and like it more for some stupid reason

Originally posted by 4DRonDUBS@May 23 2005, 02:09 PM
Its really not that noticably though I know many people with rhd cars other than a civic and get no problesm at all and like it more for some stupid reason
[post=502582]Quoted post[/post]​

Not noticeable?

...how about when you pull up next to someone on the highway and they're driving and on the wrong sidie? Or when you pass someone who is driving the car from the wrong side of the car?

Its a waste of time, safety, hack job, have fun trying to sell it, its gay, etc. I would rather spend the 5 grand it costs and put it into something useful like a built enigne.

hell,i just cant shift with my left hand, couldnt get used to first staring way over there <--- and 5th and reverse right on my leg. too strange.

maybee three of us totlal own or have acess to a solid frame table or a leveled floor to build the car on

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 23 2005, 05:16 PM
3 words. Drive. Through. Windows.
[post=502675]Quoted post[/post]​

{ricervoice} yo i jus reverse thur dat shit yo {ricer voice}

The rally's here has a window for the passenger side. :ph34r:

Originally posted by 2000Si+May 23 2005, 11:21 PM-->
Battle Pope
@May 23 2005, 05:16 PM

The rally's here has a window for the passenger side. :ph34r:
[post=502774]Quoted post[/post]​

So we have really greesy burgers covered, now all we need is taco bell and the bank to adapt to the sub 1000 people with RHD cars.

The reason why we have the cars set up the way we do, and not having the McLearn F1 center setup is because otherwise making a Left turn (or Right turn over in Japan) or passing on a 2 lane highway would be suicide because you cant see opposing traffic. For the other things like drive throughs, those you can deal with, but your just making yoru car harder to drive in every day traffic.

the money and time it takes to do the conversions is more then it would be to just buy a rhd civic and import it to the states.
and of course safety

But you would deliver the mail faster than anyone! :p

hahah, i would do it specificaly for drivethrough windows, casue they have to give you your food, so that means you can make them walk outside to hand you your food. hahahaha.

i wouldnt do it cause #1 safety, yeha, hackin up the firewall........gggreat idea.

now i might get a RHD shell, and swap all my LDH stuff into it... vin plates included. lol..... and then just "lose" my stripped de-vin'ed LHD shell

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 24 2005, 06:50 PM
hahah, i would do it specificaly for drivethrough windows, casue they have to give you your food, so that means you can make them walk outside to hand you your food. hahahaha.

i wouldnt do it cause #1 safety, yeha, hackin up the firewall........gggreat idea.

now i might get a RHD shell, and swap all my LDH stuff into it... vin plates included. lol..... and then just "lose" my stripped de-vin'ed LHD shell
[post=503120]Quoted post[/post]​

burn that bitch!

I have actually seen a RHD conversion for the mail carriers, but it's not a full conversion. they just sit in the passenger seat and reach over and turn the wheel, and they have a special rig made up so that they can push pedals in the passenger foot space and then it will push the actual pedals..

all in all, unless you deliver the mail for a living, or plan on making it a dedicated race car. It is pretty pointless, cause it isn't all that cool and makes your life alot harder. plus if someone rides with you and sits in the ex-driver seat, everyone will think that is the driver seat and you will still look like a chump in someone elses car.

Back