Will this JDM oil filter harm my motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that should add about 10 more horsepower !!!!

get it !!!!

wow i cant believe you found out one of teh most secretive tuning secrets out there...

now all yous gosta do is find a jdm radiator, which cools at +/- 5 degrees centigrade and makes your car run even cooler. as we all know, cooler = teh f4st3r

i also read that the jdm wiper blades are more efficient than the u.s. ones. This is due to the coefficient of the angle at which each blades sits, which causes the vertical motion of the wiper to move in a 45 degree pattern of which in turn allows more water to efficiently be moved from the winshield to the water rail underneath.

ITS JDM Y0 !!!!!!!

oh and also pick up the JDM blinker fluid resevior (sp) and muffler bearings and you will be all set ! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Mar 31 2004, 12:22 AM
oh and also pick up the JDM blinker fluid resevior (sp) and muffler bearings and you will be all set ! :thumbsup:

you forgot to tell them about the JDM rubber hanging boots that hold the exhaust to the undercarraige....

they are mandrel-forged rubber with a vulcanized flex core which retards exhaust movement when you are shifting gears like t3h crazy....

if exhaust movement is limited, then the exhaust pulses are more quickly expelled from the motor.... so in a way, it allows for more exhaust to flow freely form the motor by using the JDM rubber hanging boots

ah damn those eluded me, did you tell him about the JDM dryer hose intake ? the reflective silver finish helps keep it 30 degrees cooler that most aftermarket intakes. and the ridges work just like the JDM tornado supercharger.

guys seriously, not like this is posted every single day or something so theres no point to make this site more and more like honda tech.

To answer your question no it wont hurt your engine but it will perform the same as a normal oil filter that will cost you about 3 bucks but doesnt have the jdm bling.

dont be dickheads and answer his question..

my answer: whatever floats your boat, one from the local parts store will do the same thing for cheaper.

you can also add an additional filter eliment to ensure no metal shavings slip through the filter...

its very simple, just go to your nearest beach or pool supply store and load up on fine white sand, this works the best when the filter is filled half way with sand

the white sand helps you spot any flakes of metal when you have your next oil change

best of luck...

EDIT: ok, advice for the mentally challenged, DO NOT PUT SAND IN YOUR OIL FILTER, and if you do/or did, then stop changing your own oil and go put your helmet back on we-todd...

:lol:

you can also add an additional filter eliment to ensure no metal shavings slip through the filter...

its very simple, just go to your nearest beach or pool supply store and load up on fine white sand, this works the best when the filter is filled half way with sand

the white sand helps you spot any flakes of metal when you have your next oil change

best of luck...

That's not cool man, I bet a slow fucker' would probably try..........

I would get the hamps oil filter, its a little pricey but it has some attributes over your standard usdm 3 dollar filter.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 31 2004, 11:45 AM
I would get the hamps oil filter, its a little pricey but it has some attributes over your standard usdm 3 dollar filter.

I buy Bosch, $6, and my oil pan is shitting gold every 2200 miles w/ Quaker State High Performance Syn.

I am more than happy with it.

Guys- seriously. Hamp filters are some of the best you can buy. Who cares if it's "JDM" or not? It's just some stupid writeup that the guy is using to try and get people to buy something... except in this case, it actually IS one of the best products of its kind on the market, and not some cheapo eBay ripoff item.

it may be the best filter to buy, but I still say stick with the OEM Honda filter.
they are about $5.00 each and three times less than the "JDM" filter.

i used to be a honda oil filter guy, but the new smaller ones don't float my oil pan :lol: mobil one for me from now on

honda had to have redesigned them for a reason. and i doubt that they would take a step back in performance.

The OEM Honda filters are ok... but after seeing a bunch of them cut open, I'd rather get Mobil1 or Hamp filters.

Back