Will this tire size fit - 2005 RSX Type S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Just picked up my new black 2005 RSX Type S last night....and I love it. It's got the OEM Skirt package, black leather interior, carbon fiber trim, and the sick ass Acura 17" rims. I will post up pics in the media section soon...

My question is this:
I have a set of almost new Bridgestone Blizzac winter tires sized 235/45/17 from my last Cadilac, and I want to know if I were to put these tires on a set of 17" steelies, will they rub? Are they too wide for the RSX? Stock tire size for my car is 215/45/17.
What do you guys think?

Thanks much.

they'll be a lot taller (same profile + wider width = taller tire) which tends to clog up the wheel well with snow.
plus, wide tires suck in the snow.

quite frankly, you want to go smaller than stock.

205/60/16 is what i would run on it. maybe even a 195/65/15

They will fit in the back, but you will have major rubbing problems in the front. Plus if you go over any bumps, they will hit your rear fender. Not only will it chew up your rubber, but it can also cause a blown tire. If you want 17's go with the 215/40's or 215/45. If you really want the "wide" look you can put up to 235's in the back, just don't go higher than 235/40.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 20 2005, 10:24 AM
they'll be a lot taller (same profile + wider width = taller tire) which tends to clog up the wheel well with snow.
plus, wide tires suck in the snow.

quite frankly, you want to go smaller than stock.

205/60/16 is what i would run on it. maybe even a 195/65/15
[post=448600]Quoted post[/post]​

Back