Window glue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
I have to put in a new quarter window for my crx, anybody know what type of glue to use and where I can buy it. Ie. Autozone?
Also, do I just clean the surfaces, apply the glue and put the window in place, thats what it seems like from the reading?

Urethane window adhesive/sealant is what you want, but my suggestion would be to leave it to a glass company.....they do it in no time and dont charge to much. I own a colision repair shop and i dont evenb mess with glass. I simpoly sub all my glasswork out to a glass company its much easier than deling with it i think. This way if you have a leak theyll come fix it. IMO its the way to go.

Hmm, didn't know it be a problem, old window is out and everything (it broke).

well its not that its a problem but in my eyes its always been easier and less headache to let the glass guys do it. they are professionals and know what theyre doing theyll do it quick and fairly cheap. They do it every day and know exactly what theyre doing. Plus as i said if theres a leak which almost never happens with a glass company, they will come fix it for free.
If you lay that bead of urethane on there and there is one minor air pocket or pinhole in it your gonna get a leak...then your gonna end up either calling a glass company to get it fixed, or pulling the whole window back out, which is no fun task. By all means go aahead and try it if u wish, I told u what it is that you need, but ive been fixing cars for yrs and have always found it easier to leave it to the glass guys.

Back