Wing on CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know the the Wings West Wing look pretty nice and sutable for a CRX but I see that all the time and for a good reason, but i was lookin through a magazine and i saw the drag CRX, i think u guys know who im talkin about, it has a onepc. front end and its driven by this bald white guy, its white has like snake skin or some think painted on the front, well i saw his wings and it looks pretty cool to me, i was wondering where i would be able to find that? or is it that i buy a regular single deck wings and adjust it ? lemme know guys !

If it's on a professional drag car, it's probably custom...I don't think you could buy one. Just get the the Wings West spoiler if you like it so much.

I hate wings on a rex. When I bought mine it had a wing on it. I took that off first! :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by SOHCMUGENCRX@Jun 10 2004, 12:27 AM
I know the the Wings West Wing look pretty nice and sutable for a CRX but I see that all the time and for a good reason, but i was lookin through a magazine and i saw the drag CRX, i think u guys know who im talkin about, it has a onepc. front end and its driven by this bald white guy, its white has like snake skin or some think painted on the front, well i saw his wings and it looks pretty cool to me, i was wondering where i would be able to find that? or is it that i buy a regular single deck wings and adjust it ? lemme know guys !

I think that is the bergenholtz crx. I don't recall it having anything on the back but wheelie bars. Unless you have a rwd car, a wing is just gonna uck up the aerodynamics of the car. If you are road racing, a spoiler that actually has truly functional airfoil shape will keep your tires glued to the ground better, but at the expense of a lot of drag pulling on the car at high speeds. bottom line, make sure you have a really fast car with a really wicked awesome engine before spending cash on stuff like that. just my .02

s40e2f79b46cfd.jpg

I stand corrected, it does have a small wing on it, but like I said, it looks to be thereonly to help hold the wheelie bars on the ground or sumpin. So if you have wheelie bars go for it.

any FWD works better with slip-dynamics than downforce dynamics. The most usable wing for the CRX / Civic is the front hood wing from WW. If you get a Hood wing on your car, it's obvious that you're not in it for looks :)

As far as getting a wing for looks, you KNOW that the people on Hondaswap will disagree with just about anything. Be brave, go on what you like and forget about the criticism.

-> Steve

Back