wireless help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
got vonage installed today at the house (self install kit).

phone works, hard-coded internet works.
wireless works on e's laptop.

mine, will connect to the router (can ping .1) but i can't ping e (.2) (i am .3) nor anything on the web. WTF?

if i can get to the router.... and if E can get to the router and surf.... why can't i surf? lol makes no sense.

anyone have any pointers?

i get some weirdness when i bring my laptop over to my friend's house sometimes. i usually have to reboot my pc and it grabs an ip from the router and all's well. try that yet? you tried releasing/renewing ips too?

DHCP or Static setup ?? Any encryption WEP or WPA ?? do you have the keys correct if encrypted ?

are you getting a gateway if DHCP, do you have the right gateway address if static ?

Also I assume this is a linksys vonage router?

I don't know much about about wireless, but I was reading a magazine in the DR.'s office that said linksys is the easiest wireless router to hack into.

it's a motorola router. right now, there's no encryption. i'm an pretty much everything automatic (obtain ip, etc etc) and i can connect to the router, get into the router admin page and change settings and stuff, but i can't get out through it. E's laptop goes out now problem. :shrug2:

Some services check the MAC address before dishing out an IP. So your router would have to clone the modem's MAC.

Other than that, i dunnoe. Maybe bad hardware?

Back