wires wires everywhere almost where they go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yellow88crx

Ok I bought some idiots half finished "shell" and have been working on it for..... awhile.... anyways, I have had to replace almost all the wiring and now I am getting down to the end. I have the car running I have most all electrical stuff running except the front signals and markers. the rear ones work, the indicators on the gage cluster works and the hazard indicator on the cluster works.

when I check the voltage on the sockets for these I am getting approx .6 volts on peak when the signals are going. When I did some google searching on the light bulbs it looks like they are supposed to recieve 12-14 volts

the switch obviously works since I can turn it on and the rear work and I can see the voltage fluctuate when it comes throught he sockets, the rest of everything looks like straight wires except at the fusebox and the hazard relay. Does the hazard relay change the voltage? I tried replacing it with an extra i had laying around, but I have no guarantees that one works either.

one other thing to take into account. my car is an 88 crx si. When I said I replaced almost all the wirirng that means that I had to replace the engine harness, and the main harness. both came out of an 89 crx si. I didnt realize that there was so much of a difference till I pulled the thing. The hazard switch on the 88 plugs into the main harness and on the 89 plugs into the sub/dash harness. Since i have the 88 stearing cluster and it has a different plug than the 89 and I am using the 88 dash harness I had to "customize" the hazard harness. I clipped the plug/wires from the 88 harness tested for continuity then spliced them into the corresponding wires on the dash harness. the thing that concerns me is that there were more pins on the 89 hazard switch than on the 88. So any wiring geniuses out there with some advice? (besides getting an 88 main harness that I cant afford?)

the headlights work, just not the side markers or turn signals, I checked and the ground connections that go to the side wall right behind the firewall are attached, I also replaced the ground from the valve cover to the front of the chasis and the ground from the clutch cable to the sidewall. I also have the ground from the main harness to the inside of the chasis, I think those are the only ones that affect the lights. thanks for the suggestion, any other ideas? This thing is killing me, I started out knowing NOTHING about wiring... I have learned some... Someone suggested that the relay could be bad for the hazard lights (which is possible cause I replaced it with used) but if that was the case would it change the voltage going to the bulb socket?

another thought I had was maybe the individual ground wire from the corners on each side is not working since those grounds are clustered. does anyone know, is there any way to test a ground?

follow the harness back too were it plugs into the fire wall. disconect the plug, find the 12 volt supply wire ,ground your volt meter too neg batt terminal check for voltage coming from fire wall side of harness if voltage is 12 volts you may have an open in the harness going to the markers and turn signals. chec continuiety of the wires from the fire wall to the light socket .and see what you got.

oh yeah check all of your fuses too inside the car and out under the hood.electrical can make you bald QUICK.make a note of all your findigs it helps dont allways rely on yor memory notes are good to refrence so you dont second guess your self.

oh yeah check all of your fuses too inside the car and out under the hood.electrical can make you bald QUICK.make a note of all your findigs it helps dont allways rely on yor memory notes are good to refrence so you dont second guess your self.

just gunna say the same shit. u def have a popped fuse or a ground is off

Back