Wiring Indiglo's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niemoh

Has anyone wired there own reverse indilgo gauges (speedo, tach, gas) into their car? I have written instructions with pictures and everything, but i'm to afraid to just rip out my dash to install these things. Anything that you think might help me to install them please let me know, i would appreciate it. thanks

tnl_1843_700z_instant.jpg

Stove Top Directions (Preferred Method):
1. Bring water to a boil. Add butter or margarine and salt (optional).
2. Stir in rice. Cover and REMOVE FROM HEAT.
3. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Serve.

Microwave Directions:
1. Combine rice and water in a microwave-safe glass dish.
2. Add butter or margarine and salt (optional).
3. Cover and cook on HIGH using times below:

1st, start by not installing them
next, go to ebay
finially, sell them, and be happy you didn't rice out your car

hahahahahahahahahahaha, this guy really picked the wrong forum. either take pissedoffsol's advice or go to SuperHonda.com and stay the hell away from our forum.

Can't be that hard. Just read the instructions, take your time, and have some faith in yourself. Experience is the best way to learn something...

Check here and here to do some reading first if you're not sure.

and hey u all...don't make me pull out Prowler's old thread "What's the Rice-iest Part of Your Car" :ph34r:

carbon fiber wipers y0... :lol:

umm don't break off the actual pins on the guages like the guy that installed the ones on my car did. yeah they are rice but they are pretty cool looking I think, oh well, its your opinion that counts. matrix ones own, and yes matrix is a shit brand but they go indiglo and reverse with the push of a button but yeah still they are matrix, take b's advice and sell them because they give everyone problems like me! (no gauges cept tach)

Sorry... not to be racist, but Uncle Ben's is just crappy "white people" rice. You gotta go out and get real jasmine rice or basmati- then cook it in a rice cooka "yellow man style".

:D

The gauges are really easy... just take your time and slide the faces over the needles. Try to touch your needles as little as possible, and don't bend them or remove them. Wire in your power and ground, and you're set!

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 29 2003, 10:48 AM
..You gotta go out and get real jasmine rice or basmati- then cook it in a rice cooka "yellow man style".

:D

Hell ya!!!

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 29 2003, 04:48 AM
Sorry... not to be racist, but Uncle Ben's is just crappy "white people" rice. You gotta go out and get real jasmine rice or basmati- then cook it in a rice cooka "yellow man style".

from the man with the rice eater as his avatar- hey, you better listen :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 29 2003, 04:40 AM
from the man with the rice eater as his avatar- hey, you better listen :)

Nope. I like to eat GOOD rice. You can't even eat Uncle Ben's with chopsticks... :lol:

So, a cheap mod is considered rice? I guess like the washer nozzle lights. I think what it is, is they look cool, everyone and their mom gets them, on every ugly car known to man, then it's considered rice. Does anyone have the $300 glowing guages link so I can be different, or since it's my car, I can do whatever the fuck I want to it. www.stylincompacts.com has some nice NR premium guages. I like those, not to much bling bling, but I like the white face guages during the day. I think we should start calling stock, rice. Oh damn look he still has what Honda gave him, that's rice. ha ha Ok so for the guy that wants to put glowing gauges on your car, do it, if you like the way they look, good, no one else has to drive it everyday, screw them. :angry:

Hexen or somebody....put that pic in of the old dude catching lightning in a bottle somewhere under this dude's post. I'm too lazy to look for it....

All I can say is that the white faces that the indiglos show are kinda nice the only issue I have is that more people look into my car because of the bright white color. I would just stick with the stock ones because I swear to god my indiglos that the fuckard before me installed are the equivalent of shining a flashlight in your eyes and forcing you to drive. IF you do get them, get adjustable ones or you will die...

Originally posted by QuicSilver@Feb 5 2003, 07:04 PM
So, a cheap mod is considered rice? I guess like the washer nozzle lights. I think what it is, is they look cool, everyone and their mom gets them, on every ugly car known to man, then it's considered rice. Does anyone have the $300 glowing guages link so I can be different, or since it's my car, I can do whatever the fuck I want to it. www.stylincompacts.com has some nice NR premium guages. I like those, not to much bling bling, but I like the white face guages during the day. I think we should start calling stock, rice. Oh damn look he still has what Honda gave him, that's rice. ha ha Ok so for the guy that wants to put glowing gauges on your car, do it, if you like the way they look, good, no one else has to drive it everyday, screw them. :angry:

take your ass to superhonda too.
:fr:

People can be assholes. Dont worry about it. It would be different if it was a JDM gauge cluster, and I still don't get that.
I like the white-face gauges I have. I just wanted something with blue numbers at night, and that's what I got.
dashtop.jpg

But it can be a mess

Originally posted by Prowler@Feb 6 2003, 11:07 PM
People can be assholes. Dont worry about it. It would be different if it was a JDM gauge cluster, and I still don't get that.
I like the white-face gauges I have. I just wanted something with blue numbers at night, and that's what I got.
dashtop.jpg

But it can be a mess

Exactly this rice shit has gotten WAY out of control. If the ugliest fucking wing in the world, if its JDM, 99.9% of the ppl are drooling. Lets take honda-tech for instance, over there, there are MANY civic slammed to the ground, but its "cool" there b/c they have 5 lug swaps and are using some JDM coilovers. WTF? Do your car as you please. I will have white gauge faces in my car and other things that *i* want. I will get racing seats and harnesses, but mount them like the domestic ppl do when they dont have roll bars. So, fuck ppl who call everything rice. B (pissedoffsol) has cf wipers and RActive shit, are ppl dissing him and meaning it like they do everyone else? No!

To each his own.

Originally posted by Niemoh@Jan 27 2003, 01:14 AM
Has anyone wired there own reverse indilgo gauges (speedo, tach, gas) into their car? I have written instructions with pictures and everything, but i'm to afraid to just rip out my dash to install these things. Anything that you think might help me to install them please let me know, i would appreciate it. thanks

When I put mine in...

1. Remove the the old lightbulbs that illuminate the stock gauge cluster.
2. Trace the printed copper wires on the back of the cluster that go the bulbs to the wires that feed them.
3. Tap into these wires an connect them to the power wires for the gauges.
4. Youll need to play around with the dimmer switch wires to find out witch ones to connect so that you get full power from the dimmer ( if you use the factory dimmer, you could destroy the gauges )

now you can mount the provided dimmer switch wherever you want. I hollowed out the factory dimmer, filled in the hole left when i took out the dial and put the provided dial in place for a good clean professional look. If you want some details, e-mail me and ill see if i can even send you some pics

flywithsean@sympatico.ca

Back