wiring vtec help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwant2drivefast

i thought i hooked up the wires right but im still getting the 22 code. here is what ive done. green/yellow wire hooked up to ecu at a04, blue/black wire hooked up to ecu at d06, black wire hooked up to ecu at d03. the blue/black and black wire is in the same plug. this is all happening in a 93 civic lx with a d15b.

i unhooked the battery for about 20 min. started the car and still getting the same code 22. is the vtec pressure switch and the knock sensor really contained in the same housing and small wiring plug?

i unscrewed the oil pressure switch from the housing. is the knock senor part of the oil pressure switch? as far as i've been able to understand from these posts are, the 2 wires coming out of the switch are; 1 for oil pressure switch, the other for knock sensor. i'm i way off here or what?????

Originally posted by iwant2drivefast@Jun 1 2005, 10:24 PM
i unscrewed the oil pressure switch from the housing. is the knock senor part of the oil pressure switch? as far as i've been able to understand from these posts are, the 2 wires coming out of the switch are; 1 for oil pressure switch, the other for knock sensor. i'm i way off here or what?????
[post=506310]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, you're way off. The knock is it's own sensor.

Back