witch cars to drag n/a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystianitr

hi I would like built drag n/a with engine b18c5 witch car will be the best CRX Igen or IIgen or maybe EG 92-95 or Hach 90-92 ? which cars will be the lightest and the easiest to put that engine

easiest = 5th gen civic
lightest = 1st gen crx

honestly dont even bother with a B18C5
get a B16 head and tranny
have the head ported and polished
put some big ass cams in it
upgrade the valvetrain
put a good LSD in the B16 tranny
maybe an ATS 4.9FD

then get a B20 block
or better yet get a cheap B18B block and have it bored and sleeved... go with some stupidly high compression pistons to compliment the big ass cams
have the crank lightened
have the whole rotating assembly ballanced

or go balls out crazy and get a DART block, and go from there

the B18C5 is a great engine (i have one) but for drag racing you have FAR better choices out there

you're missing the point.

you're going to end up boring it, sleeving it, re-doing the whole head... why bother? just buy the cheap shit to do all that too and end up with the same result

Guys
I have ITR and perfomace b18c5 230hp
and I would like put b18c5 to CRX Igen or IIgen or maybe EG 92-95 or Hach 90-92 ? which cars will be the best to drag???

Obviously "The best" is a subjective term. Best being easiest, best being lightest, best being, cost effective, what? You've already been given the lightest and easiest, cheapest is up to you.

waste of time
waste of money
waste of a perfectly good engine designed for road course racing

:bash:

22678783.jpg

A b1c5 is not going to get you very far in a drag car....a nice street setup/auto-X yes. If you want to be competetive at any level, a stock c5 is a waste...what everyone is trying to say is go a different route with the engine setup. As far as a chassis...EG (92-95) will be the easiest to bolt in. an EF (88-91) will be the lightest and I would just plain stay away from the 1st gen's, too much work for the outcome.

Here:

SELL YOUR B18C5 FOR LOTS OF CASH TO SOME IDIOT AND USE THAT MONEY TO BUILD A NICE 2.0L LS/VTEC SETUP. SWAP INTO '92-'95 CIVIC HATCHBACK FOR EASE OR '88-'91 CIVIC OR CRX FOR THE LIGHTEST CHASSIS.

Jesus fucking Christ. Use the damn reference section, man.

Originally posted by krystianitr+Aug 30 2005, 10:22 AM-->
Engine I have b18c5!!
I want know which body of a car is the best to drag?? :)
[post=547387]Quoted post[/post]​
FUCK!!! Can you fuckin read?! For the 19th time we know you have a b18c5 and we know what your asking, how about you read what people are saying and accept it. You are getting the answers you are asking for yet you ask the same damn question 3 times.

krystianitr

Yeah, and I'm Saddam Husseins long lost white brother. 230HP my A-Hole!!!

C'mon dude, ditch the type r motor and build the shit out of a gsr motor or go the 2.0 route if your gonna do nothing but drag. And in my opinion use an EG6 chassis for drag as well.

Sell the b18c5. Buy a H22. and a 1988 CRX HF. Gut it. Gut the hell out of it. buy a fat ass turbo and some good slicks. Bring to a simmer. Add a dash of VTEC sauce.. You will have a master piece.

And with the left over money from the sale of your c5 you could buy a nice little condo on the beach and retire. Life's good.

Originally posted by krystianitr@Aug 30 2005, 12:21 PM
hi I would like built drag n/a with engine b18c5 witch car will be the best CRX Igen or IIgen or maybe EG 92-95 or Hach 90-92 ? which cars will be the lightest and the easiest to put that engine
[post=547329]Quoted post[/post]​

I say go for the "b18c5 Witch Car" dude. They're not only fast, but have dark magical powers. And they run on swamp gas and kittens, which are cheaper than gasoline. Although "Built Drag N/A with engine" is an honorable second choice.

Originally posted by jdmeg6+Aug 30 2005, 10:04 PM-->
Originally posted by krystianitr@Aug 30 2005, 10:22 AM
Engine I have b18c5!!
I want know which body of a car is the best to drag?? :)
[post=547387]Quoted post[/post]​

FUCK!!! Can you fuckin read?! For the 19th time we know you have a b18c5 and we know what your asking, how about you read what people are saying and accept it. You are getting the answers you are asking for yet you ask the same damn question 3 times.

krystianitr

Yeah, and I'm Saddam Husseins long lost white brother. 230HP my A-Hole!!!

C'mon dude, ditch the type r motor and build the shit out of a gsr motor or go the 2.0 route if your gonna do nothing but drag. And in my opinion use an EG6 chassis for drag as well.
[post=547590]Quoted post[/post]​

:)

first we will start with this

gallery_18_15_1853.jpg

then we will try a little of this

:search:

we'll have you on solid foods in no time

Can we sprinkle in a lil bit of
"post in the right forum"
?

Status
Not open for further replies.