Work Quiz..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

My wife and I work for an ISP. She is over in the Chat support and they usually have contests and stuff. One of them was this quiz. I'm not sure who wrote these questions. I have to question some one them because they aren't specific enough. Her manager told the team they could use what ever resources they had and then winked at my wife and said you should have a good one.

I figure there are some nerds here.. Have at it

Technical Questions:

1) Scenario: You are troubleshooting a customer's static IP address that is not working. The customer is able to connect when using DHCP, but when they enter the static IP address information they are unable to connect. The customer's cable modem IP Address is 10.7.7.10 and the customer's static IP address is 24.48.67.250. In the process of troubleshooting the following results are shown:

CDPTPAAARDRA_7206#show ip route 10.7.7.10
Routing entry for 10.7.4.0/22
Known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0 (connected, via interface)
Routing Descriptor Blocks:
* directly connected, via FastEthernet0/0.2
Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

CDPTPAAARDRA_7206#show ip route 24.48.67.250
Routing entry for 24.48.66.0/23
Known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0 (connected, via interface)
Routing Descriptor Blocks:
* directly connected, via FastEthernet1/0.2
Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

Question: Based on the information above, why is this customer's static IP address not working?

2) Express the following binary number in the form of an IP Address:
11000000 10101000 01100100 00000001

3) Name the 4 non-routable IP Address ranges.

4) When Internet Explorer, Firefox, or any other browser goes to a homepage such as www.espn.com what file do they look for?

5) Which two protocols are the most popular of the TCP/IP layer 4 (Transport Layer) protocols and what do each stand for?

6) Over a SONET network what is the maximum bandwidth that an OC-192 can distribute.

7) What is the maximum speed that a coaxial cable is capable of?

Bonus: What is the maximum speed that a fiberoptic cable is capable of?

Question 3 assumes there are only 4. There are really more than just 4 ranges

Question 7 and the bonus question are not good questions because they are a transport medium and have no real speed.

Now, why are you going to post a quiz, and then answer the questions?

Fuck, I'm telling my kid what he is getting for Christmas.

Back